My baby is sick

I just finished my conversion last week and took her out yesterday and had a problem. She cycled fine ejecting and loading but it seemed the trigger would not reset in semi-auto fire. If I racked in manually or even if I just pulled back and cycled it half way manually it would fire but never on semi-auto. I did notice when I was doing the conversion that the spring coming from the hammer to the trigger on the right side did not sit right and I believe this is my issue. Just wandering what some of you thought and the pic will show you what I'm talking about. If this is the problem what is the best way to cure it I didn't want to just jump in and start trying to make it go and stay where it should be. You can push the spring over and it will sit where it is supposed to but it doesn't take much for it to pop back over. Please let there be a way of fixing it other than having to remove the friggin fraggin retaining pin that was the only thing that gave me a problem the whole time.

P.s. Thanks for all the help you guys have posted here don't believe I could have done this with out all the info here.

post-21149-12625350336761_thumb.jpg

I was having a similar problem with my x39, having to push the trigger forward to reset after every other shot, and it was a spring problem just like this. I bent the spring outward with a pair of needle nose pliers and it has worked fine since.

• Like 1

Heres a link from CSS describing what Cobra said. They are using a JT engineering spring but the same applies to the stock russian spring. Scroll down about halfway where the video is labeled "Saiga Shotgun and Rifle Reduced Power Main Spring and Recoil Spring Installation"

• Like 1

You know, this is the kind of thing that keeps me coming back to this forum. A person that most of you will probably never meet asks a question about a gun that you will probably never see and what does he get.....The correct answer to his question and video links as well from numerous people in the know. Kind of gives me hope for the future..People helping people.

+1 for everyone :super:

• Like 5

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help and that I adjusted it yesterday. I had to wait for my neighbor's wife to leave today to test it (she's not a big fan of guns) but before she was at the end of our street I dumped 8 rounds through her with no problem :devil: . I will have to wait till I can get out to my parents land to really test her but I am sure the problem is resolved. By the if you didn't already know these things are a blast to shoot. :killer:

i love forums...i just converted my s12 a couple weeks ago and got to test it yesterday. i had problems all along with light loads not cycling so i added the 4 pos'n piston adjuster but again hadn't tested it. so yesterday i brought 00 to shoot and it was acting the same way as described at the top. thanks to the pic i remembered my spring doing the same thing after i did the conversion so i'll go home tonight and fix that part. now i just need to get to the bottom of the cycling issue. but i do love my s12....

And GeorgiaPD is why I keep coming back... a police officer proud of gun people helping gun people make their guns work. Did you get it working? I had a similar problem, but a local gunsmith helped me out. It's fascinating how quickly videos about saigas are cropping up.

• Like 1

And GeorgiaPD is why I keep coming back... a police officer proud of gun people helping gun people make their guns work. Did you get it working? I had a similar problem, but a local gunsmith helped me out. It's fascinating how quickly videos about saigas are cropping up.

Thanks Eric, I appreciate the comment.

• 3 years later...

I had a similar issue. My BHO spring snapped, got caught in the saftey, and knocked the trigger spring off. Just moved the trigger spring back where it goes. I need to put a new BHO spring in. I see why the everyone gets upset about re-posts. This thread is from 01/10, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/51260-trigger-not-resetting/&do=findComment&comment=478146 from 02/10, and http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/51431-trigger-wont-reset/ from 03/10

I had a similar issue. My BHO spring snapped, got caught in the saftey, and knocked the trigger spring off. Just moved the trigger spring back where it goes. I need to put a new BHO spring in. I see why the everyone gets upset about re-posts. This thread is from 01/10, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/51260-trigger-not-resetting/&do=findComment&comment=478146 from 02/10, and http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/51431-trigger-wont-reset/ from 03/10

You have quite possibly the most disturbing Avatar on this site....and there are some pretty disturbing avatars on this site! Good job. lol Damn that gives me the chills!

• Like 1