The more I read about 922R the less I understand it.Everyone I have talked to seems to have a different take on it. I wanted to ask the forum and get opinions from people who have converted their saiga rifles to make them compliant.I have a Saiga 7.62X39 rifle I use American made Surefire 30 round mags and I put a American made Surefire Tri-rail forend on it. The way I understand it I now have 10 russian parts and 4 american parts on the rifle. Am I compliant?

From my experience with 922r everyone has their own take on it. People(me included) when first looking at it tend to let it get alot more complicated than it needs to be. Simple, your rifle has to have 10 or less foreign parts. You can have all the american parts on it you want, but if it does not have 10 or less foreind parts its not compliant. So count the foreign countable parts and you get your answer.

From my experience with 922r everyone has their own take on it. People(me included) when first looking at it tend to let it get alot more complicated than it needs to be. Simple, your rifle has to have 10 or less foreign parts. You can have all the american parts on it you want, but if it does not have 10 or less foreind parts its not compliant. So count the foreign countable parts and you get your answer.

I forgot to mention that my rifle came with the dragonov style saiga stock is this considered a pistol grip?

I forgot to mention that my rifle came with the dragonov style saiga stock is this considered a pistol grip?

The only thumbhole stocks that are considered to have pistol grips are the ones that fit on converted Saigas.