please help a noobie again

I have read all the posts I can find about modifying the AK hammer to work with the BHO lever on the Saiga. I just need some clarification.

Does the material come off the end of the hammer pivot boss(tube shaped extrusions on each side where the pin goes through) that goes up against the lever? Everybody says the right side, but I don't know how they're looking at the rifle to decide right or left.

I'm using the same FSE group used in the Sheik's tutorial. I mocked everything up with the hammer, BHO and pin, and I can't tell what the problem would be. Is it just that the hammer will be slightly off center if you dont relieve one side?

How much is taken off? The same as the thickness of the BHO lever? The only amount I've seen explained is "a little", and that doesn't help much.

Sorry for all the questions, I want to get everything done right the first time.

The material should be removed from the side of the hammer facing the BHO.

The hammer and BHO will fit in the receiver without modification, but the axis pin will not go in far enough to put the retaining pin back on.

On my S-12 I measured the original hammer and the shaved the new hammer down to the same specifications.

On my 7.62x39 I just reused the factory hamer and replaced the floorplates and followers in my mags.