12's all gone looking for 20

My dealer didn't get his number to CDNN soon enough so I did not get an S12. So now I am looking for the S20. I am not totally disapointed thogh, as I have been advised on this site and in other publications that the 20 will probably be better for me as I have little experiance and want it for home defence only.

I checked with Militery Gun Supply today and they have the Sagia 20 ga. for $269 . I thought this was a little to much, but considering that it will probably be the next to disapear from the Saiga line it may be a bargin. Can anyone tell me if their is anyone out their selling cheaper than $269.

You've only done something wrong when that "Warning %" goes above 0. Good luck on the S20, they are great guns (even if they are a bit picky about ammo)

Edit: Went back and looked at my reciepts, I paid $260 even for my s20 after all was said and done. I've also spent almost that much in parts to convert it, even after I originally told myself I wasn't going to do that. These firearms are a damn addiction I tell ya :smoke:

Edited by Rusty

Mark Kubes firearms in Pinellas Park (Tampa area) had one or two left when I bought mine a month ago. They were around 200 -220 with TWO mags. I posted previously about him approximately a month ago on Saiga 12 forum... don't know which area...

Just do a search on my postings and you should be able to find it. OR, do a yellow pages search on the internet. OR, do an FFL search in the Tampa area. If he has one left, he'll hook you up.

Thanks,RD...I found Mark Kubes web site..he even had a S20 listed for $202..I promptly shot em the Info on my CC to hurry up & buy it...But he wrote me back stating that it was the OLDER model...& not available anymore.. :rolleyes:

he's got a 410 for the same price...If that one on GB goes south on the price..I'll try for that one from Kubes

Do the 20s' shoot as reliably as the S12s??

Once broken in? Hell yeah. The only "reliability issues" I've had with my 20 has been some Fail To Ejects because of super cheap ammo during the break in period, and some Fail To Loads because I was using 2 3/4" rounds in a 3" mag. Use some heavy load rounds for the first case or two and grab some extra 2 3/4" mags. The 20 can be picky at first, but once you break it in, you're good to go.

Once broken in?  Hell yeah.  The only "reliability issues" I've had with my 20 has been some Fail To Ejects because of super cheap ammo during the break in period, and some Fail To Loads because I was using 2 3/4" rounds in a 3" mag.  Use some heavy load rounds for the first case or two and grab some extra 2 3/4" mags.  The 20 can be picky at first, but once you break it in, you're good to go.

http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=255642

for range BHO... stick a DEAD SHELL In the receiver sticking out sideways...no question the bolt is open then.... LOL

Thats how I transport too... with either a PEN... or something similar in the receiver, sticking out the top of the receiver and the bottom of the magwell..

JUST IN CASE.

:smoke:

Swift levers come from BlackJackBuffers. If you just want the notch, you could easily do it with a dremel. I like the fact that it has the notch, a lower tang to operate the safety with your index finger, and it can be removed without disassembling the trigger group.

Thanks...you got a web addy for them??..Don't they sell the better buffers {bumpers},too??

I forgot about the little lever they put on it...will they all fit in the S20s,too??

Don't ya just remove the Dust cover & Rec spring assembly..swing the old one all the way up Then pull it out to the rt??..then reverse to re-install the new one??

Edit..I found they're Webpage...Which one of those is the best one for the S12..I wann'a order one of those safety levers for my 20..might as well get the buffers ,too... :super:

Edited by StarLynx

The stock safety lever will not just rotate up and out. Atleast on my 20, I had to take the trigger assembly apart to get the stock safety lever out.

As far as a web address for blackjack... www.blackjackbuffers.com

Edit: Just specify when ordering that you are going to be putting the SWIFT lever in a Saiga shotgun, BlackJack will hook you up. It should run $35 for the SWIFT lever with the BHO notch.

Edited by Rusty

Dunno. I purchased a Buffertech before I discovered BlackJack. The thinner buffers look like they'd fix a couple of short cycles I've had in the past, but now that my firearm is getting to be well broken in, I'm not sure they'd do anything for me that the Buffertech buffer isn't doing.

Eh... I might pick one up in the future just to compare it, but at this point, I don't know.