hrm sounds pretty bad to ask me. Im actually glad you asked this, I have been looking into some blueing for an old 20 gauge shotty I got passed down to me from my grandfather when he died. It wasnt taken care of at all. The stock is cracked and the blue is shot and rusted. Ive soaked it in some oil and it helped, but only long enough to salvage it. I need to blue it soon and have been looking around. Guess ill go with the bake on. just have to find an oven big enough for its long ass barrel! lol.

Oh and its a remington 11-48. Its a pretty interesting gun. They dont make it anymore its pretty old.

Edited by chevyman097

Cold blueing is for touch up at best. Wouldn't depend on it for anything more extensive.

Exactly.

Cold blue jobs wear quickly.

That being said, check with your local gunsmiths & get a quote on a hot bluing job. Hot bluing is great. You could make it cheaper if you got a bluing kit & removed all of the rust & old bluing yourself before bringing it in.

If you like Blued finishes, in my opinion, no finish is classier. You just need a damn big pot to boil with.

Damn big.