The best $14.99 you'll ever spend...

I just got an HK 91 Ultra Low Scope Mount (weaver rail) from CDNN sports. I wasn't entirely sure about it but, for $14.99, why not? Well, I just got back from the range and I am happy to report that once locked in place, it did not move at all. I used it on a Century Cetme with a BSA Red Dot scope, that I picked up for $20 at a gun show.

It wasn't the most punishing workout I've ever put the Cetme through, but I was still impressed that it stayed in place. I had heard that some mounts had a tendency to squeeze the receiver enough (when tightened down normally) that it interfered with the movement of the bolt carrier. I was happy to see that this was not the case.

Due to the fact that the mount tightens down with hex screws (using an allen wrench that is included with the mount), it is not quickly detachable. For my purposes, this doesn't matter though.

As far as accuracy, the best group I got was five shots inside an inch at fifty yards, using South African surplus. That seems to be in line with what the rifle was capable of with iron sights. Note: All shooting was done with my forearm (not the rifle's forearm) on a rest, while seated at a table. Groups were measured oustide edge to outside edge, minus .30 (roughly), to obtain size. Most of my groups were larger, due primarily to me wobbling and not taking enough time between shots.

Either way, I'd definately reccomend the mount. The BSA Red Dot... it's good for plinking, and you get what you pay for. Then again, that about all I need it for.

CDNN Sports