Damaged Saiga 12 barrel

Well depending on how far back the slot is you could cut the barrel behind where slot is and rethread it and permanently attach a flash hider/brake to make your 18" barrel OR if you live in a state like I do that allows it, you tell the wife you have no choice but to spend $200 to get your tax stamp and you have a new SBS. PROBLEM SOLVED!! :victory:

• Like 1

I'm going to SBS my S-12

If you are interested (and there is enough usable barrel for an 8" SBS) I'll trade you my 19" factory threaded barrel.

It has already had the ports opened up and beveled.

Just handle the shipping cost both ways and I'll call it a fair trade.

• Like 4

I'm going to SBS my S-12

If you are interested (and there is enough usable barrel for an 8" SBS) I'll trade you my 19" factory threaded barrel.

It has already had the ports opened up and beveled.

Just handle the shipping cost both ways and I'll call it a fair trade.

There's enough barrel left. Now I just need to find the link on how to pull it.

Thank you.

I also saw that someone was making us made S12 barrels a while back, I forget who...

I think they were rifled though?

Last year there was a U.S. based company (who used to be a business member here) who had said they would be making regular smoothbore Saiga 12 barrels at some point, but they still haven't started making them yet.

Back last October Tony Rumore of Tromix said he would try making a rifled Saiga 12 barrel soon. Knowing how backlogged he is though, I doubt he has had time to do it yet.

• 2 months later...

Remove the silver-soldered barrel extension.Punched out the pins. Made a chamber insert out of what was here. Welded up a tool to press out the barrel from a completed frame(always wanted to). Pressed out the barrel.

PulledBarrel.jpg

Where tape starts.

PulledBarrelA.jpg

End of barrel.

0328101634a_01.jpg

Barrel Jigs to press out barrel.

A: 12g shell base

B: Nickel spacer

C: washer profiled w/ dremel

D: 5/8 socket

E: barstock, 3/8 thick or so

F: 7/8 bolt by 12" long or so

BarrelJigsA.jpg

A thru D bolt together and fit into the chamber and support it during pressing

E,F form a tool to transfer pressure to the chamber jig and push out the barrel.

This is how they work together.

JigPlacement.jpg

Easy enough once inspiration came. Now to figure out getting it back in.

Edited by sparky923

Remove the silver-soldered barrel extension.Punched out the pins. Made a chamber insert out of what was here. Welded up a tool to press out the barrel from a completed frame(always wanted to). Pressed out the barrel.

Where tape starts.

End of barrel.

E,F form a tool to transfer pressure to the chamber jig and push out the barrel.

JigPlacement.jpg

What kind of foldiing stock do you have?

Punched out the pins. Made a chamber insert out of what was here. Welded up a tool to press out the barrel from a completed frame(always wanted to). Pressed out the barrel.Remove the silver-soldered barrel extension.

Where tape starts.

End of barrel.

JigPlacement.jpg

What kind of foldiing stock do you have?

AK100 series that somebody did a sorry job of riveting in.

Edited by sparky923

you might want to edit that and put "removed barrel extension" AFTER the part where you removed the barrel

Oops. Didn't see that til you mentioned it. I do know better than to do anything with such a barrel BEFORE pulling it. I don't know how to edit, though.

you might want to edit that and put "removed barrel extension" AFTER the part where you removed the barrel

Oops. Didn't see that til you mentioned it. I do know better than to do anything with such a barrel BEFORE pulling it. I don't know how to edit, though.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i think a mono block refers to a barrel extension that is soldered over the straight barrel... its so ya dont have to do complicated machining on a long piece o work, and prob so ya dont have scrap a barrel if ya screw up...

the way it was explained to me, is that it has the bolt lockup/extractor cut into it and then slides over the barrel....

Sorry everyone, I see this thread is dated & this is my first post; Having said that I'll try to be a contributing member of this forum.

I was wondering about the ¿gas tube mounted rail? that runs from the rear sight to the front bead on OPs s12 (picture posted on 29 September 2012 - 05:53 PM). I've seen them in a few pictures but never could find out exactly what it's called or a source to obtain one. Any info would be much appreciated.

Sorry everyone, I see this thread is dated & this is my first post; Having said that I'll try to be a contributing member of this forum.

I was wondering about the ¿gas tube mounted rail? that runs from the rear sight to the front bead on OPs s12 (picture posted on 29 September 2012 - 05:53 PM). I've seen them in a few pictures but never could find out exactly what it's called or a source to obtain one. Any info would be much appreciated.

That's just the factory original sight.

Do you mean an ultimak rail?

• Like 1

Thanks for the input Sparky923, beautiful machine you have there eyes_droped.gif

but no, ultimaks are nice but I suppose I'm referring to the factory sight add-on. Havent seen any for sale or even on a saiga at a gunshow or otherwise.

I'd drop the $$$ for one, but short of calling russia I can't find a source.

• 4 months later...