romanian psl stock

yeh i have seen this pic before but i didnt know if took any mods or not. i found some psl furniture for cheap if i can pull this off i seen a saiga with dragunov handguards on it as well i might be able to pull off. you know just about everything on this websight huh lol

No.

Not by a long shot.

I just rarely ever forget anything that I read, see or hear & I have an affinity for wood furniture.

I was thinking about doing what you are a while back, but I figure I'll just buy a PSL. I can't afford a real Dragunov.

As for modifications necessary, I'm sure you would need to dremmel around a touch to get it to fit, just like you do on all AK takeoff stocks, but it is very little.

The PSL is built on an AK receiver, so it should fit with little hassle.

By the looks of it, you would extend the cut above the PG aera, & remove a bit of wood from the sides where the Saiga's receiver differs.

You may need to drill another PG bolt hole & remove some wood from the front of the wood extending in front of the PG. you would be modding to fit the rear tang to the buttstock. But I am unaware how you would fasted the PG bolt. Likely flip the nut upside down? I don't think the PG part on the PSL stock allows for the same type of PG nut to be sticking out of the receiver... It would be hard to slide on.... But I could be wrong.

Anyhow, it wouldn't be to difficult.

Shit, since you got the rifle for next to nothing, & you're getting the SVD flash hider... If you are certain you will never want to go back, hack on the reviver.

Just don't screw with the trunion.

That's the beauty of Saiga.

When you buy it with a hunting stock & unconverted, you can go nowhere but up from there.

milPSL-3.jpg

Edited by Paulyski

There is no PG hole in the stock. The stock fits into the receiver just fine.

That's bad-ass!

If there were a PG bolt attaching it to the reciver, it would be BATF classified as a PG. Since there is not, it's a thumb hole!

Bad-ass!

Plus, they're plywood, so no need to worry about cracking above the PG where the receiver cuts into it.

Thanks Mutt!