Sorry, I didn't realize how many people had already posted this. And in a positive light too, that's surprising..... :rolleyes:

Don't count me as one of those. I've never seen anything more ridiculous in my life. Side by sides have their place, but this is just all wrong.

Sorry, if I reach for an SxS for HD, it'll be the "Holliday Special".

"I'm your huckleberry..."--Dr. John Holliday, gambler, gunfighter and sometime Doctor of Dental Surgery

I actually handled one at the local Gander Mountain the other day... NO THANKS...

The sales man just said " we got em in, and none have moved, what does that tell ya? "

I suppose with the need for things "TACTICAL" these days... this was sure to follow... Look through ANY gun magazine, if you one page without the word tactical being on it someplace I would be totally AMAZED!!!

:smoke:

I actually handled one at the local Gander Mountain the other day... NO THANKS...

The sales man just said " we got em in, and none have moved, what does that tell ya? "

I suppose with the need for things "TACTICAL" these days... this was sure to follow... Look through ANY gun magazine, if you one page without the word tactical being on it someplace I would be totally AMAZED!!!

:smoke:

I punched in "tactical " to Google to see what search suggestions would come up. Tactical Nuclear Penguin got a chuckle out of me. :lol:

Apparently someone at the company saw the frenzy of all the people buying up tacticool things and wanted to get in on it. But doing this is probably going to cost the company more than selling those terrible things. I would like to see offical sales reports of that particular model type after one year.... :sadam:

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, my buddy hunts coyotes with a stoeger 12ga side-by-side and it's a pretty cool gun. But this........

defense_large_double_defense.jpg

Is gay. Right up there with

sovcom.jpg

Who was on here talking about how they would take their side-by-side over their S-12 for HD?

Yep! It's pretty f*cking gay. Gay, gay, gay....LMAO!!! :lolol:

Hey, but look at it this way, after you fire ... all two rounds...you can pull that tac light off and hold it between your teeth so you can see to reload....

• 3 months later...

Gay or not I'm buying one of these.

I want a SXS and this model seems well built for the price. I plan on cutting down the barrel to 18.5" and I might mount a light on it but have no plans for the upper rail.

check out one of their other coach gun models with double triggers. i have the coach gun supreme in polished nickel and i love it.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_side_by_sides.php

I want a SXS and this model seems well built for the price. I plan on cutting down the barrel to 18.5" and I might mount a light on it but have no plans for the upper rail.

check out one of their other coach gun models with double triggers. i have the coach gun supreme in polished nickel and i love it.

I think I'm going to get the regular blued 20" coach gun to use as a base, it will save me about $100.

Then I can cut it down, add the rail to the bottom and finish it off with a T-6 stock.

It should be a fun project.

I think I'm going to get the regular blued 20" coach gun to use as a base, it will save me about $100.

Then I can cut it down, add the rail to the bottom and finish it off with a T-6 stock.

It should be a fun project.

i see them usually for around 350 bucks at places like bass pro. how you gonna put a t-6 stock on it?

i see them usually for around 350 bucks at places like bass pro. how you gonna put a t-6 stock on it?

They have solid wood stock. I can cut the original stock down and build it up with laminated wood so that it is inline with the barrel.

Then I can reshape the the built up stock to fit inside the buffer tube of an AR T-6 Stock. I should also be able to attach a SAW pistol grip but I might have to replace the trigger guard with an AK version so the grip looks right.

I plan to paint everything matte black.

This should be the a very unique SXS :)

...........Then I can cut it down, add the rail to the bottom and finish it off with a T-6 stock......

Whatever you do, don't post pics of it. If you do, it will inevitably end up as a picture with the caption "This SxS has an AR stock on it....... your point is invalid....."

hmmm, a pistol grip set up like that would ruin the functionality of the gun really. you'd be moving the position of your thumb away from where you can easily and quickly operate the safety and breech lever. half the fun of these shotguns (for me anyway) is quickly reloading. and remember these stoegers have a safety that automatically engages every time you open the breech.

They have solid wood stock. I can cut the original stock down and build it up with laminated wood so that it is inline with the barrel.

Then I can reshape the the built up stock to fit inside the buffer tube of an AR T-6 Stock. I should also be able to attach a SAW pistol grip but I might have to replace the trigger guard with an AK version so the grip looks right.

I plan to paint everything matte black.

This should be the a very unique SXS :)

How much does the stock you want to add cost? Make an adapter and sell me the takeoff wood. I could use an extra stock. Mine's kinda beat up. 15 years of competition has taken its toll on the wood.

How much does the stock you want to add cost? Make an adapter and sell me the takeoff wood. I could use an extra stock. Mine's kinda beat up. 15 years of competition has taken its toll on the wood.

I need part of the stock to make the adapter, but if yours is in decent shape we could work out a trade, that way I would be hacking up a crappy stock instead of a new one.