Who owns a 1911 and an XD or a Glock

I want to buy a 1911 single stack, but all the ones I have held have the factory style grips and are relatively uncomfortable. Does anyone out there own a 1911 with enhanced grips and can compare it to the comfort of an XD or a Glock?

Thanks

I think part of the problem is going to be that "comfort" is going to be highly subjective and a little different for everyone. Lots of difference for me between my Glock and XD. The XD wins for me. Never was crazy about the feel of 1911s with any grip. Ask the next guy and he'll tell you just the opposite. Nothing beats getting your hands on all three at the same time like in a gun shop.

• Like 1

I want to buy a 1911 single stack, but all the ones I have held have the factory style grips and are relatively uncomfortable. Does anyone out there own a 1911 with enhanced grips and can compare it to the comfort of an XD or a Glock?

Thanks

I have a 1911 and an xd. Love them both! as for the grips, I prefer the factory ones. Hogue does make 1911 grips though, and they are sweet. But like I said I prefered the factory and got rid of the hogue long ago. You might try them out though.

I have a five 1911s and two Glocks. The Glocks feel odd in my hand. On my carry gun (COLT Gold Cup) I have Hogue finger groove grips and a rubber coated arched main spring housing. It fits my hand perfectly.

Thanks guys thats exactly what I wanted to know. Basically all I wanted to know is if you have both and have changed the grips on the 1911 and have found the 1911 just as comfortable. My biggest problem is all the of the 1911's I have got to hold have the factory grips and feel really narrow. No one I know has one with Hogue or packmyer grips, therefore I can't make the call on whether or not a 1911 can be made as comfortable as my XD.

It seems though that everyone who owns both and posted here feels the 1911 with aftermarket grips is either just as, if not more comfortable than the XD.

thanks again