S 308 Ver 21 * Conversion required?

Does the s 308 V21 require work for after market pistol grip and stock to be installed. It appears that the trigger is allready moved forward, just not sure if there is a hole drilled for the pistol grip. I searched the 308 portion and did not find any specific info on this, any help will be appreciated.

Edited by TruthNTime

Ok, let me rephrase... it seems folks feel this has been answered before, or I have not asked the right question. If I buy a Saiga .308 Version 21 with the thumbhole stock, and trigger allready in the proper location, and I try to remove the buttstock and add an after market buttstock and pistol grip, will it still be legal? I assume they shipped these things with the proper parts count to have the trigger in the usual forward position, but maybe the buttstock counts somehow... I really dont know. Thanks for anyone who can help me :):lolol:

As I understand it, you'll still need to reduce the foreign parts count to ten or less to use magazines greater than ten rounds. I plan on replacing the piston and FCG to bring it into 922r compliance.

But why buy a ver 21 and convert the stocks? I'd suggest the lesser priced versions of the .308 Saiga would be the preferred foundation for a pistol grip conversion.

I think I remember reading that there was custom work required with the stock conversion on that version of the 308. I considered it myself, but after reading a few posts It seemed more complicated and expensive. I decided to get a basic 308 and just do the basic conversion from Dinzang.

I think I remember reading that there was custom work required with the stock conversion on that version of the 308. I considered it myself, but after reading a few posts It seemed more complicated and expensive. I decided to get a basic 308 and just do the basic conversion from Dinzang.

Well, basic AK-47 style stocks wont work because of the slanted receiver, Vepr stocks should be OK with minor fitting though I'm not sure, or you could just make your own rear stock like I did, not hard if you have any woodworking experience and patience. Rear stock is the only problem and that's not a big problem. Oh, and of course you in the States have that ridiculous US made parts hassle.

There is already that square hole and the nut for pistol grip in the thumbhole version, the screw is too short for usual pistol grips, but you can make one from M6 threaded screw, or buy one.

If converting to a pistol grip I'd go with the basic version.

I'm seriously considering buying this weapon now, but the amount of info about it on the Internet is seriously lacking. So, I gathered that the standard stocks and pistol grips are not going to just "drop in" (without hacks), but what about a G2 trigger group? Also, what about the handguards? Will it accept standard Saiga ones? Replacing the trigger group and the handguard will make it 922r compliant for high-cap mags, right? Even without replacing the trigger group, adding a US handguard (1 part) and using a high-cap US mag (3 parts) with also make it compliant, right?

You can add a US made Piston (1 part)

and US trigger group (3 parts) and use a US magazine (3 parts)

The fiberforce skeleton stock should cover the angled receiver cut just fine.

Check the .308 pic thread for other handgaurd configurations.