POLL: Best Trunk/Truck gun there is...

Best Trunk/Truck gun there is...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. So guys, what is your opinions/thoughts on the best trunk/truck gun you can get for cheap (less then $300 bucks new or used.

• A saiga shottie or rifle (if you can get em that cheap)
    • A pump shottie
    • a frankenstein rifle (Like a cut down Mosin)
    • Other (please tell us =D)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still just dont know about the hiding a gun outside the home in a vehicle. Just makes me uneasy. Called me crazy but I would prefer not to leave a weapon outside for somone to grab and use on me ins

I like! you got some mold above the door though might wanna handle that its not good for the kids.    

OK I guess I need to read better because I could have sworn this was a "store in the car/truck" question. But now I dont see that. I would just stick with my x39 and my .45 if that is not the question

Posted Images

I dunno I dont feel the need to keep a gun in the car/truck at all times(for fear it will get stolen mainly i think) but I have a gun at all times, and a gun in my "grab" bag as lame as it is at the time. Also I carry my pistol to the truck everytime i leave. And my Ak by my bed at all times, other then when Im not home its put up. Ive just kinda made it habit/routine to do things. Now I do have ammo in a sealed tin in my truck. It just got left in there once and I decided it worked to leave it.

Ill add, In a real shtf situation the first thing I am going for is my gun, pack and family so I dont think keeping a gun in the car will make a split second of a difference. As I am allways near a gun.

Edited by chevyman097
  • Like 1

For the 300 price range I would say a 30-30 lever action it will get it all done its rugged easy to dissasemble and fix ammo is plentiful and has enough power to penetrate and be effective if need be. Dont get me wrong there is allot of options out there and I think most people will lean towards shottys on this but I like my 30-30 got a scabbard for it and take it along in my truck for most excursions where I might run into a mountain lion or possible "coyotes" out here in the desert. This is if I didnt have a price restriction my AR and my AK go out allot too =)

Two ideas...

1.. Pardner protector, for an 18" shottie. It's an 870 clone & about $200, so if it gets ripped off no biggie.

2.. High point .45. It is cheap as hell & from my experiance, mine didn't jam like I heard the 9s do. Not once. It is a pile of shit for anything else, but for something to leave in the car always, good deal.

Personally though, I keep my Glock on me, so I don't leave anything in the car except a Buck 119.

bk119.jpg

Edited by Paulyski

+1 on Buck knives. They make one hell of a nice knife IMO. My dad had a Buck 110 and 105 from the early 70's that his dad bought for him when he was in the Boy Scouts. He gave one to me and one to my brother, they are still great 40 years old almost, and hopefully one day I'll have a son to give mine to.

I still just dont know about the hiding a gun outside the home in a vehicle. Just makes me uneasy. Called me crazy but I would prefer not to leave a weapon outside for somone to grab and use on me inside.

Id prefer to just keep my gun close by or in my grab bag.

Edited by chevyman097
  • Like 3

This will be a different gun or no gun at all depending on who you are, and WHERE you are. Most will best served with an AR-7, as it is not a weapon when disassembled and stored in the stock, and will hibernate safely and remain a usable tool for years. Some will need a pistol readily available to ward off carjackers,if they happen to travel through Carjackastan (unfortunately it illegal carry one here). Others will need an AK for varmint control, or an S-12 for wild hogs. Others may need an AR for coyote control.

There is no universal car/truck gun for everyone. The AR-7 probably comes closest, but it may be nearly worthless for some, illegal for others, and downright dangerous for others.

I would get a Hi Point 4095 .40 S&W carbine. 10 shot mags, very dependable and accurate up to 100 yds or so. I have shot thousands of rds through mine and it has had less malfunctions than my S12 shotty.

It is not a large weapon and it is easy to put a scope or red dot on.

Easy to maintain, no questions asked life time warranty, US made by US citizens and like a AK, if you scratch it get out the rattle can paint and touch it up.

Don't know if it's the best or not... but I got a bare bones yugo SKS & a bandoleer of loaded clips in the trunk.... and an izzy survival knife.....

(I got my Golck 19 on me 24/7)

Personally though, I keep my Glock on me, so I don't leave anything in the car

+1 to both statements.

IMO Vultite, to answer your question, SBRed Draco pistol or pump shotgun.

Or both.

If you want something cheap to leave in the car. CZ 82. You can get it for around 200. Far more reliable than anything else at that price range and easy to conceal. Downside is being 9 X 18 makarov, not a huge selection of carry ammo. Hornady makes some good stuff for it. You might be able to find some generic jacketed hollow points also. You can get ball ammo pretty cheap but most places don't carry it. You have to hit a gun show or order it. If you want something bigger I would look at a pump shotgun.

In the old days, 1956 Chev 3100 I loved the Indian blanket bench seat covers due to the rifle scabbard in front below your knees. No one could see it, but you would have to open the door.

If I had to settle on a firearm for a truck I choose this:

post-11604-126314619727_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fluid Power

Yeah when I hear truck gun its what i throw into the back of my Blazer when I go hunting and offroading. As for a carry piece that stays in my car with my I keep a glock 22 those can be had for 320 so i gues it fits the price range. If we are talking about what I would like to have for a SHTF fan scenario on the highway or an intersection somehwere it would have to be a sawed off shotty like the pistol ones with the hanging grip up front my glock or a Judge loaded with buckshot. I wouldnt want to get in a shootout with bad guys in public knowing there was people all around and I'm launching 7.62x39 rounds in and through the guy or his vehicle

OK I guess I need to read better because I could have sworn this was a "store in the car/truck" question. But now I dont see that. I would just stick with my x39 and my .45 if that is not the question.

Don't know if it's the best or not... but I got a bare bones yugo SKS & a bandoleer of loaded clips in the trunk.... and an izzy survival knife.....

Yeah, I seem to understand the question as "keep" in there too.

An SKS would really be a good idea along those lines. Cheap, reliable & it would work for both riots & dropping a deer. get the cheap-ass folding polymer stock, & you wouldn't miss it if your car were stolen.

That would definately be a "keep" in trunk gun though... I think my neighbors would probably look at me funny if every time I left the house I was carrying a weapon of war with a 30 round banana clip with me. :angel:

sks...cheap? Have you seen the prices lately?

True.. I paid 107 bucks for a shooter grade a couple years back with the intended purpose of a trunk gun... (Maybe I should look at it one of these days again... I bet I ain't touched it in 2 years...)

along with gas mask, tents, MRE's, cooking fuel, thermal coveralls... Saw to many after school specials on TV where the "dad" lives but had to get his toes cut off.... no thanks!!!!

That would definately be a "keep" in trunk gun though... I think my neighbors would probably look at me funny if every time I left the house I was carrying a weapon of war with a 30 round banana clip with me.

My neighbors always have a wierd look when i come home and unload truck