I just received 2 10 round mags from Dmitry Trofimov (m_gun @gunbroker) $97.00 delivered. Took exactly one month to receive from him. He's good ar returning email and the mags are brand new in factory wrappers. Here is the link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=29014298

i ordered from him also. good to see it's the real deal. how long did it take to get them after he put them in the mail??

I too can vouch for Dmitry. He's straight up. Got my mags as promised straight from Russia. Also rusmilitary has them in stock again finally. (Finally after I waited on him for over a month, got tired of waiting, changed my order to something else, and got some from Dmitry) That 10 rounder really finishes off the look on my conversion along with the raised front sight. It just didn't quite look right with that stubby little 4 round mag hangin down. Kinda like a turd poking out LOL! I must say it's also nice to be able to shoot more than twice as much without having to stop and reload. I think I'm going to try and modify it though because it only works right with 9 rounds. Maybe it just needs breaking in. Anyone else had this problem? Chris 410?

That 10 rounder really finishes off the look on my conversion along with the raised front sight. . .

I think I'm going to try and modify it though because it only works right with 9 rounds. Maybe it just needs breaking in. Anyone else had this problem? Chris 410?

Hmm. Could be a problem similar to what we all too often experienced in my career in the Army. We were repeatedly taught to load only 18 rounds in our M-16 20-rd mags and 28 rounds in the 30-rd mags. Otherwise, the rifle might jam at the wrong moment -- a potentially embarrassing thing to avoid to say the least. The Army (and Colt Firearms) never seemed to be able to fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine as well. 3 exactly the same, but one is different. The one has numbers on the side to say how many shells are left. I also have the 9 round problem. But hey, nine is better than four.

Also got the pistol grip in and works great.

10 rounds will fit in my mags ok but to insert mag into reciever I have to retract the bolt all the way to the rear. won't go in with bolt sitting on the BHO with 10 rounds loaded.

Hey, guys! I now admit what some have always suspected. I do _not_ know everything! So, I am going to expose just one little area of ignorance... Just what is the "BHO"?

Yeah it was about $17 I think. I don't remember if that was the online WU price or the cheaper price I found right up at the Food Lion. I think I remember asking him though and he prefers WU money transfer. You just have to cough that up as part of the mag price when you buy fom him.

• 6 months later...

Just picked up a 410 that was returned to the pawn shop where it was bought new because it "misfired." $149. I inspected it and it's in like-new shape, the owner probably was using the wrong length shells...heheh. Anyways I was looking at some 10rd mags and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to explain the difference between Mod1 and Mod2 10rd mags. Anyone?

Thanks,

Steve

PS It's a 95 model shotgun with the pre-89 style "solid bar" scope rail, kind of cool.

sigmoidfletcher,

Yes, I have several of the Mod 1 mags which have the built in counters. Mod 2 is the standard synthetic 10 rd mag. See the attached link for RusMil.

As I recall the delivered price of the counter mags was $63 US each.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm

Wolverine

saiga410_magazine.jpg

Edited by Wolverine

Thanks. Need ta git-sum!! (and make the shotgun 922r compliant...) :) I kinda like the no windows look better. Those mags in the pic are for 3" shells? My 95 model says ".410 x 3" MAGNUM" and has no adjustable gas setting so I guess I can't do 2 3/4".

sigmoidfletcher,

Yes, I have several of the Mod 1 mags which have the built in counters. Mod 2 is the standard synthetic 10 rd mag. See the attached link for RusMil.

As I recall the delivered price of the counter mags was $63 US each.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm

Wolverine

Edited by steve467

steve467,

Sorry about the name confusion. Sounds like you can get the regular 10 rounders from COBRA's source, or from RusMil, or possibly from Acca47. All are reliable. Delivery times from RusMil and Acca47 are between 2 and 3 weeks. RussMil breaks the shipment into two parts to clear Customs quickly. One box is springs, follower and base plate. The second box has the mag body. You put them together which is monkey simple. Good luck.

PS......try wiping the inside of the mag out with ArmorAll to create a friction free spring action.

Wolverine

Edited by Wolverine

Steve-There is no reason to toss the s-.410, it doesn't take much to tune 'er up.

!. If it doesn't have the 1/2 adjustment on the blind plug, it will only cycle 3" shells

2. The mag must be correct for the ammo. 70mm for short shell, 76mm for 3" shells

3. Clean and lube the weapon.

4. Check the mag,does it fit properly? some need to be filed at the front to fit the reciever, some need to be filed for the mag latch to work right.

5.The follower may need the 'flash' sanded, and some silicone lube may be needed to make it feed smoothly.

Lots of luck,

G O B