AGP Mags w/ 3inch magnum slugs.

Mine worked fine with 3" Magnums, after I sanded a lttle off the back angle at the top of the mag(it was a bit too steep to allow for a smooth flow) and dry lubed them. I may have adjusted a few screws too, but don't really remember doing so.

• Like 1

agp mags need to be taken apart and sanded 9.5 times out of ten in order to cycle anything :rolleyes: . almost makes you wish they sold them unassembled to save you half of the aggrivation :lolol:

Wow... talk about putting your foot in your mouth...

they do! and screwed thier vendors as a result!

Though i agree with what your saying... the first thing i always did with mine was take them apart...

AGPs work great in mine with 3".

Are they new? take them apart and sand down the rough spots on the inside, then if they still don't work, try loosening the screws a little.

^^what he said^^

if you tune them by sanding, I did a 60, 120, 240 grit succession, & put locktite in the screw holes, tighten them & then back them off 1/4 turn, they will be reliable with 3" magnum.

We have a LEO here tat finds them reliable enough to carry it on duty with AGPs.

That is saying a lot.

Ummm....... I don't think the AGP mags are made for 3" shells.

They run in mine.

agp mags need to be taken apart and sanded 9.5 times out of ten in order to cycle anything

I bought ten AGP mags and they all ran great. I bought ten more to modify for use with a JTE mag well and of those ten it has been about half the mags I have tested that have needed some internal sanding to run well. I was really disappointed since the first batch all were fine. It is a minor annoyance to get them to run right but not too hard.

according to agp, the gen 2 is mainly designed for 2 3/4 shells but also designed to take the magnum load if the situation demands it for hunting etc. they are not designed for continuous use with 3 "loads. but then again they (agp) also say the same thing about the s12 itself.