WTF pre-ban AK magazines?

As a New York resident, I am forced to live under the tyrannical AWB and so magazines are hard to come by. My only source of high capacity pre-ban magazines are gun shows and the occasional Gunbroker auction. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend an upcoming gunshow. I'm in desperate need for a regular source of pre-ban, European steel 7.62x39 AK magazines. There are plenty of places that have them, but the trouble is that few seem to have the testicle fortitude to ship to New York, even though it's completely legal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of an online dealer?

As a New York resident, I am forced to live under the tyrannical AWB and so magazines are hard to come by. My only source of high capacity pre-ban magazines are gun shows and the occasional Gunbroker auction. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend an upcoming gunshow. I'm in desperate need for a regular source of pre-ban, European steel 7.62x39 AK magazines. There are plenty of places that have them, but the trouble is that few seem to have the testicle fortitude to ship to New York, even though it's completely legal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of an online dealer?

As a fellow NY'er, I feel your pain :cryss: . But no worries, I'm gonna shoot you a PM. I know a place.

Ok, I checked out Copes and it looks like a pretty good place. It definitely has some of the best prices I've seen for magazines. Now I just need to find out how much their shipping costs and how often they receive new magazines. I don't want to screw anyone else out of getting these pre-bans. I'm thinking I'd like to start out with five of the 30-rounders and two of the 20-round tank mags, then wait a while.

also as a NYer my gun store sells them but at $30 for a 30 rounder and $40 for a 40 rounder. A pm sent this way would be apprecaited also.

I second that private message. I have honestly considered just getting them out of state and keeping them anyway but I'd rather not brake the law.

A pm sent this way would be apprecaited also.

I second that private message. I have honestly considered just getting them out of state and keeping them anyway but I'd rather not brake the law.

It was Copes. I just had to PM the OP, because I gave him a direct link, which is not allowed to be posted publicy, as they are not forum vendors here. Didn't mean to sound so secretive about it.

Look up Copes Distributing. Go through the menu to get to the AK mags. One of the few places left who will still ship pre-bans into NY. I highly recommend the Hungarian 20 round Tanker mags. I love them.

Just saw in another thread here, that AIMSurplus has the Hungarian Tanker mags on sale for $10/mag, and when you buy 3 or more, you get a mag pouch.

It has a disclaimer, saying "No sales to NY, etc, etc, etc"............but I know that Brian has shipped mags to NY, when he knows they're pre-ban. It might be worth a shot, to email Brian at AIM, and ask if they'll ship the mags to NY. That's a smoking deal. Hurry up though, if you want them. Nothing lasts long at AIM, when it's priced like that.

Ordered 3 - 20 rnd Hungarian Tanker Mags today from AIM. 027.gif

Cart said $29.85 and $9.95 shipping then I checked order later and it says $12.40 shipping.??

Don't care, I guess shipping to one zip vs. another (both in PA) killed it for $3.xx more, but I don't care I just want the mags.. That leaves me $1.22 in the bank.. uggghhh.

Tried emailing them and got a MAIL handling error.. May ring them in the AM and inquire.

also as a NYer my gun store sells them but at $30 for a 30 rounder and $40 for a 40 rounder. A pm sent this way would be apprecaited also.

Must be nice to even get 30 rounders under the NY AWB! here in the Kommie state, we cant have anything over 10 rounds, even if it is pre-Ban im told...