• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How does it work if someone in a state you don't ship to gets $200 merch credit?

Here are a couple cracks from me... Obviously, I don't know what your "established date" is, but if you happen to like this design, you can tell me and I can incorporate it. Also, the gun silhouette

Interesting. I tried ordering some lib-state legal gear from you guys maybe 9 months ago and was told by you guys that you don't ship to NJ at all. Good to see that you now do as I have some stuff I w

Posted Images

OK, I had some more fun with it,..

Similar concepts, except the one without the "MAA",... OK I'll quit now.

If your sign shop cant make the S-12, it's probably because they don't have a vector file of it for their plotter/cutter. TR Young, Juggs or myself could probably provide one. EDIT: Scale was off,..New layouts.

post-9483-12635723645094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gas Giant

TR has my vote on his first example. very close to what i would have suggested. also like jugg said, a business address should be on there, as well as a telephone #.

btw, TR, 2 foot by six foot is 24 by 72 inches.

LOL! I must have been drinking when I posted that.... :smoke:

I really do wish he'd confirm the size... looking at the picture he posted, I am trying to judge the size of the rectangle he drew in comparison to the vehicle windshields... 6"x24" is AWFULLY small for a sign to be effective at all.

Edited by TR Young

Ok, here is my 3rd submission; it's basically the same as the first, but with business info. (again, predicated on a 24"x70" sign face)

That's good. Nice job of getting all the info on there without making it too cluttered.

maybe the sign is going over a doorway/stair entry.....and Nathan didnt make a typo....with the location he indicates, it probably wasnt a typo....

You could very well be right, Ben. That's why I was hoping for a clarification.

24x60?

Well, I thought that Nathan made a mistake when he said the size he wanted was 2'x6". I thought he meant 2'x6', then I mistakenly put 60" instead of 72" when calling out the inches for 6'. It's a mistake on my part. Still, I don't know if Nathan DID mean 2'x6" or if he meant 2'x6'. Typically, you call out the SMALLEST dimension first, that is why I thought he made an error with the " mark instead of a '.

I hope that clears up my thinking and my mistake.

Y'all just look at the photo of the building and try to imagine how strange it would look if you had a whole string of huge 6 foot signs all hanging under that covered porch... one for each business. That's what I was talking about when I first said I thought Troy was mistaken and Nate really did mean 6 inches. Better than that just pick up the phone and call him to be sure.

I could be wrong but the examples he posted look a lot closer in dimensions to 2' x 6" than 2' x 6' too.:unsure:

LMAO Rob....:lolol:

Y'all just look at the photo of the building and try to imagine how strange it would look if you had a whole string of huge 6 foot signs all hanging under that covered porch... one for each business. That's what I was talking about when I first said I thought Troy was mistaken and Nate really did mean 6 inches. Better than that just pick up the phone and call him to be sure.

I could be wrong but the examples he posted look a lot closer in dimensions to 2' x 6" than 2' x 6' too.:unsure:

2'x6' signs in those areas would not look like overkill to be honest, Shannon. I can't tell you the number of times that a customer has asked for a certain size, only to realize once I come out to do a physical sample of the the sign and the height of the graphics that what they asked for was too small. I'm not arguing; I have just been in the business long enough to know that sometimes people make mistakes. That is also why I ask for clarification. And again, typically the smaller dimension is the first dimension given. That is why 2'x6" seemed odd.

You are right; those of us who are curious could just pick up the phone and call. However, I figured since Nathan put it to the community here to design a sign, that he would be back from time to time to check on the results, and hopefully he'd read that there is a small amount of confusion.

2'x6' signs in those areas would not look like overkill to be honest, Shannon. I can't tell you the number of times that a customer has asked for a certain size, only to realize once I come out to do a physical sample of the the sign and the height of the graphics that what they asked for was too small. I'm not arguing; I have just been in the business long enough to know that sometimes people make mistakes. That is also why I ask for clarification. And again, typically the smaller dimension is the first dimension given. That is why 2'x6" seemed odd.

You are right; those of us who are curious could just pick up the phone and call. However, I figured since Nathan put it to the community here to design a sign, that he would be back from time to time to check on the results, and hopefully he'd read that there is a small amount of confusion.

It is surprising he hasn't been back to comment, but I bet they are working around the clock getting everything wrapped up and moving in.

I used to work with a sign company. We did a bunch of those sandblasted redwood signs and used the computerized vinyl/foam cutter thing to get the graphics on them, blasting away the background. It was fun. One of my main jobs was going around and getting the jobs, and talking with the owners about the exact size and placement. What we ran into lots of times, were businesses that wanted a bigger sign, but due to being in a strip mall or office building kind of setting, the city code requirements were smaller than they wanted. It's hard to tell from the photo how many businesses are in that one section there. I was just assuming with all those windows that there are several so the signs would need to be of a small, neat size.

I've got some stocks I'm working on for him now. I'll send him a PM and ask.

so while we are waiting for a winner to be announced.

lets talk about what you would buy with your winnings...

this is what i need for the x39

would like the dph stock, but its oos

Saiga Internal Stock Adapter $45.00 $45.00 Ace 9.5" Skeleton Stock $65.00 $65.00 Folding Mechanism $59.95 $59.95 M4 Rubber Recoil Pad - TAPCO $9.99 $9.99 Sub-Total: $179.94