Red Jacket suppressed TROMIX Micro 7.62

Red Jacket BMF-AK-SS on my TROMIX Micro 7.62:

post-9078-1263445856152_thumb.jpg

The barrel is 7" and the suppressor is listed at 8", so that's still shorter than a "standard/legal" length barrel! I didn't have anything to measure actual length at the time, I snapped the picture when I went to sign the Form 4 for the suppressor yesterday, so it is still in "Title II Purgatory" . . .

I can hardly wait to try it . . . :killer::devil::super::lolol:

Thanks again Tony and Will!

• Like 2

That is a nice looking rifle you have there. Do you know if those suppressors have a "life span"? Maybe an estimate of how many rounds you can shoot through them before they get loud? Or do they work forever?

Thank you. It is my understanding (if my memory serves me correctly) that it comes apart for cleaning so it should last forever, I assume.

Damn, that is sweet.

You gotta get a video of that one up...

Thanks Nailbomb! And I will get a video, but I won't be able to take the suppressor home for 4-5 months due to the ATF's backlog, so it'll be a little while.:wet_eyes:

Very cool! Combining the products of two great minds always tends to yield outstanding results and this is certainly no different! Be sure to get a video up! Beautiful gun. :up:

Zach

KROSS, LLC

Thanks Zach! You know, I have considered putting one of your Hellions on this but if it didn't work out I figured I loose quite a bit reselling it or loose the 15% restocking fee+return shipping, but since I just checked your site and saw y'all are located between Huntsville and Conroe, I am now curious if y'all are open to the public so I could just bring it in some time and find out. So, are y'all open to the public?

I don't know why it wouldn't fit because the regular short Tromix HG from my S17 is what's on there now . . . What's your opinion?

Raoul,

The Hellion on that build would look awesome. I'm not sure of the mounting points for the HG on your build, they may differ and the interior dims may differ as well if Tony did any fabbing on the inside to make it fit. If you wanted to try one I wouldn't charge you the restocking fee, but you'd just have to ship it back if it didn't fit up. I sent an inquiry to Tony to see what he thinks, I'll let you know.

I'll PM you for further details.

(Edit: Sorry, I forgot to answer your other question. At this time we don't have a walk in location open to the public.)

Zach

KROSS, LLC

Edited by KROSS FA

Thank you Zach! I'll take you up on that offer! It SHOULD work as the HG from my 8" S17 fits fine.

I'll wait to order until I here back from you though. But I can't imagine why it wouldn't work . . .

Thanks sunny! :up: I absolutely LOVE it, and I haven't even shot it with the can on yet. TX-Zen, Keith and I will give it a good workout when I get it home. :big_smile:

ETA: Thanks thehopping1! :up:

Edited by Raoul_Duke

Even more awesome now Raoul :super:

Just curious about the connection.

Did you have Will install one of those phantom looking suppressors made to just screw-on his suppressor over it?

If no, can you tell us what route you went?

if yes, could you tell us how the flash and noise compares to just the vortex?

Thanx for making us all feel so inferior :cryss:

Cheers,

Harv

why is it that Im picturing some dude running in circles in his living room like a giddy kid on xmas saying "hooo woooo hooo hoo" over and over and snapping pictures of the sucker INSTEAD OF TAKING THE BLOODY THING OUT AND SHOOTING IT FIRST!!!

priorities!!!

Even more awesome now Raoul :super:

Just curious about the connection.

Did you have Will install one of those phantom looking suppressors made to just screw-on his suppressor over it?

If no, can you tell us what route you went?

if yes, could you tell us how the flash and noise compares to just the vortex?

Thanx for making us all feel so inferior :cryss:

Cheers,

Harv

:lolol: Thanks Harv! :smoke: It simply screws on with 14x1 LH threads so I can put it on all but two of my "AK's."

why is it that Im picturing some dude running in circles in his living room like a giddy kid on xmas saying "hooo woooo hooo hoo" over and over and snapping pictures of the sucker INSTEAD OF TAKING THE BLOODY THING OUT AND SHOOTING IT FIRST!!!

priorities!!!

:lolol: I don't know Ben, why are you? :unsure: Is that what you'd be doing with it? :haha:

I would have loved to shoot it, but like I said, I just filled out the Form 4, so it's in "Title II Purgatory": sitting in a safe in my lawyer's office in downtown Houston. I would have shot it when I went to fill out the paperwork, but we were in city limits and my lawyer is kind of a stickler for the law. Go figure. :rolleyes: All I could do is take a pic or two. But when I get it home in 4-5 months, and I can shoot it, there will be pics and video.

OHHHHHhhhh ok.

Im sorry, I work with an SOT 02/07

I can play with all the toys, but owning one is a totally different story and too much paperwork for me to bother with. So honestly, its not a big deal to me....HOWEVER

I DO get all warm and fuzzy inside and do the happy dance when I find a handgun or long arm that takes a modern cartridge with no manufacturer's marks or serial #s on it.....im funny like that.

You just make sure you post video of with and without that nice can on there, will ya?

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'd love to be able to play with modern toys.

I've got all mine on a Trust, so after the initial paperwork, it's quick and easy. Then the money becomes the issue . . .

And yeah, I'll get some videos. I've gotta know somebody with a video camera . . . :unsure: I don't think my DSC would be adequate.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

I finally got to pick up the suppressor a few weeks ago and got to VERY briefly test it out today. Sorry, no video, I was by myself and as I stated above I don't have a video camera.

I shot it as shown in the original post. With the 7" barrel the gun is still uncomfortably loud without hearing protection. It was just a little louder than a 9mm pistol IMO. It definitely got rid of the "boom" but after 3 shots I put my ears back on. I was standing under a covered area (city gun range) so it would probably have been a little better out in the open. It was plenty bright outside so I could not tell if there was any muzzle flash or not.

I intend to give the suppressor a more thorough test on this gun and one with a full length barrel and hopefully get some video next time I go out shooting with TX-Zen and Keith.

• 3 weeks later...