WTS: Custom Made 5, 10, or 15 Round 5.45x39 Saiga/AK Magazines

When I was looking for Saiga 5.45x39 magazines for my Saiga I simply could not find any, anywhere. As far as I can tell, there are none besides factory at the moment, and I don't see anyone selling factory.

So I decided to make some myself. Everything is measured and modified to fit and function great at ten rounds; magazine body, follower, spring, little thingy at the bottom of the spring, etc. They've fit and functioned great for me so far. They disassemble regularly and are fully cleanable. I even drilled a new hole near the bottom of them for water drainage like the originals.

Look at that, communist magazines that conform to communist states!

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any interest on here for people who would like to buy them as well? They're great for shooting from the bench too. The standard I have made is 10 round magazines, and I could also manufacture 5 or 15 round magazines, but due to legality I cannot own/make anything over 15 for you.

I'd say $22 each is a fair price.

If there is interest, please just post here or PM, and hopefully I can set up a run of these.

Current List:

2x 15 Round - Jim Digriz

1x 10 Round - 545 varminter

2x15 Round- Mountainmantrev

Here's a pic of one of the 10-rounders I made for myself:

post-21696-12635224569385_thumb.jpg

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

They are mostly made from Bulgarian Circle 21's, which are polymer with steel internal everywhere it locks into the gun (latch, sides of the top, front latch, etc) and a steel spine that runs the entire way down the front as well. Floorplates are also steel on those. Legality issues are me living in NJ, which does not allow over 15, so I can only make 5/10/15's etc.

They are mostly made from Bulgarian Circle 21's, which are polymer with steel internal everywhere it locks into the gun (latch, sides of the top, front latch, etc) and a steel spine that runs the entire way down the front as well. Floorplates are also steel on those. Legality issues are me living in NJ, which does not allow over 15, so I can only make 5/10/15's etc.

Never mind the 10s for now for me. Sign me up for two 15s.

Thanks.

Jim

A few questions for you, sir.

1. Will these lock into a normal AK-74?

Since he's making them from Bulgarian AK-74 mags, the answer is almost certainly Yes.

To Klassy Kalashnikov, I think you might get more interest for this idea if you created a thread with a different subject line. My immediate impression while looking at the title was that you were wanting to sell your factory ten rounders. I almost didn't click on it.

Edited by Jim Digriz
1. Will these lock into a normal AK-74?

2. Can you make a 5-rounder?

Yes, they fit into an AK-74 style magazine well. And yes, I'd be more than happy to make you five round magazines.

And yeah Jim, I will try and change the title.

Got a pic uploaded now too.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

When I was looking for Saiga 5.45x39 magazines for my Saiga I simply could not find any, anywhere. As far as I can tell, there are none besides factory at the moment, and I don't see anyone selling factory.

So I decided to make some myself. Everything is measured and modified to fit and function great at ten rounds; magazine body, follower, spring, little thingy at the bottom of the spring, etc. They've fit and functioned great for me so far. They disassemble regularly and are fully cleanable. I even drilled a new hole near the bottom of them for water drainage like the originals.

Look at that, communist magazines that conform to communist states!

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any interest on here for people who would like to buy them as well? They're great for shooting from the bench too. The standard I have made is 10 round magazines, and I could also manufacture 5 or 15 round magazines, but due to legality I cannot own/make anything over 15 for you.

I'd say $22 each is a fair price.

If there is interest, please just post here or PM, and hopefully I can set up a run of these.

Current List:

2x 15 Round - Jim Digriz

1x 10 Round - 545 varminter

Here's a pic of one of the 10-rounders I made for myself:

So if these are composite construction circle 21's, how are you bonding these back together after cutting and mating the halves back together? I haven't had a circle 21 before (I live in the peoples republik of californiastan) but it looks to me like glass filled nylon, what works best to bond that stuff? Inquirering minds want to know...

• 1 month later...

Hey. What part of NJ are you from? I'm thinking of buying a Saiga 5.45 and would like some magazines. I'd be in for three 15 rounders. What kind of payment do you take?

If you need a certain minimum, tell us how many.

Edited by Polak

Hey,

A member of another forum pointed me to this thread after I was complaining about not being able to find any 10 or 15 round mags for the 5.45 Saiga. Assuming the 15 rounders hold exactly 15 (hell, I'd settle for 14) I'd be interested in 2 15 rounders and 1 10 rounder.

ETA: I'm also from NJ.

Edited by Caine

Hey just an update to everyone. I really want to make more of this. And I will hopefully do so if I can come across the materials. Unfortunately, I have been unable to. If I ever am able to make more, I will let you guys know. . A friend of mine in PA cuts the bodies in half and sends me the mutilated parts to build 5/10/15 rounders with and he has not come across any at a cheap price lately.

And yes, they are some sort of glass filled nylon with a metal mesh inside, I use JB Weld to bond them back together. I rough sand all the contact points and a bit of the exterior/interior to do so. Believe it or not, it holds them together amazingly well and the two I made for myself I routinely drop/throw on the concrete at the range and no damage to the mag.

Hey Klassy!

Why the hell don't you move for god sake?

Your work is good, I can attest but how the heck can take it?

Just do me a favor, don't cut up any 45 round 5.45x39 mags.

I need them for me. (sorry)

:lolol:

Hey Klassy!

I'm un employed at the moment :( I've decided to go back to tech school for auto mechanics and once I have enough to get a job, I'm leaving this shithole for good and moving to the USA.

And yes, I promise I won't cut up any 45's :D

Hey Klassy!

I'm un employed at the moment :( I've decided to go back to tech school for auto mechanics and once I have enough to get a job, I'm leaving this shithole for good and moving to the USA.

And yes, I promise I won't cut up any 45's :D

If you can't find any parts, start cutting those 45s :)

• 2 months later...
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.