Hello every one, I am looking for someone to make a custom stock for me. The stock is from a very rare FN 30-11 sniper rifle that is based on an FN mauser action. I just need someone to do the general shaping and inletting of this stock. I would supply the blank and would be willing to cover whatever charges it would take to make this stock. I just need it shaped and inletted for a standard mauser action, I would finish it, install the hardware, and do the final fitting and inletting. Below is the link to some pics of the stock, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nh

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=153827448

BTW, I just want the pieces to be solid, in the pics it is hollow and adjustable for length of pull, but I just want a solid piece instead. Thanks again.

post-22411-12636044342375_thumb.jpg

post-22411-12636044447484_thumb.jpg

post-22411-126360445427_thumb.jpg

post-22411-12636044686633_thumb.jpg

post-22411-12636044818281_thumb.jpg

Edited by kalashnikovian

why not call up boyds, or Richards microfit, or any of the other stock manufacturers and see what they can do for ya... Last I knew BOTH places could do you a standard Mauser inletted stock, and Richards microfit is very happy to let you supply the wood blank, you just have to be sure it is within the minimum size requirements... They list that on the website... Richards can also supply the wood, up to STUPID money... like AAA Presentation grade figured walnut... figure like 400 bucks for the ROUGH inlet and shaped stock... That's UNFINISHED!

:smoke:

why not call up boyds, or Richards microfit, or any of the other stock manufacturers and see what they can do for ya... Last I knew BOTH places could do you a standard Mauser inletted stock, and Richards microfit is very happy to let you supply the wood blank, you just have to be sure it is within the minimum size requirements... They list that on the website... Richards can also supply the wood, up to STUPID money... like AAA Presentation grade figured walnut... figure like 400 bucks for the ROUGH inlet and shaped stock... That's UNFINISHED!

/quote]

I just finished e-mailing those guys you mentioned above, hopefully I'll here something. I haven't ever had a stock made before and didn't really know who to go to. Thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated. I have a piece of black walnut that I had cut into a rifle blank size, they are about 17 years old and have been kept perfect. I hope that it will come out pretty good.

It kind of looks like it would be cheaper and easier to make an adjustable one out of two stocks, and to sportrize the main/lower one. /quote]

That is a good thought, I had pondered doing that myself. Because it is just a standard target stock with the butt cut in half, and then a bigger, shaped piece bolted to it. I just lack the tools and time to do it. That's a good idea though and if I find a mauser stock that resembles it I will probably just get that and have the butt piece made. Thanks.

I have an FN mauser action thats identical to the one used for this rifle, I have been looking for something to build it into and I really like this set-up. If I get a stock made I will post some pics of it when it is done.

Nh

Edited by kalashnikovian
It kind of looks like it would be cheaper and easier to make an adjustable one out of two stocks, and to sportrize the main/lower one. /quote]

That is a good thought, I had pondered doing that myself. Because it is just a standard target stock with the butt cut in half, and then a bigger, shaped piece bolted to it. I just lack the tools and time to do it. That's a good idea though and if I find a mauser stock that resembles it I will probably just get that and have the butt piece made. Thanks.

I just looks like it was made with two of the same stocks to me, off-set cut to add height and adjustment capabilities.