Saiga 7.62x39 produced Dec 2008 fresh out the box

Photos are great, thanks!

A stock Saiga is a nice no nonsense firearm. I was into the Mini 14's in the early 80's and for some reason the stock Saiga reminds me of that (you know in the beginning the Mini 14 only had the standard low capacity mag 5 or 10 rounds only! Higher capacity mags did not even exist!)

I don't blame you for wanting the photos of the stock rifle. Good camera work by the way.

Frosty

nice pics, good close-ups!

could you snap a head on pic of your muzzle? i just want to see if there is a noticeable difference between barrels that are threaded with the cap on and barrels that arent threaded, with the cap on.

theory is, if you have a threaded barrel, they should be noticeable under the cap.

since your chamber is stepped, i'm curious what a possibly non threaded barrel looks like with the cap on.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Conversion pictures coming soon.

Sweet

That's one clean riffle you have there. I don't even remember when mine was that clean.

Clean it is. That chrome lined gas chamber sparkles when the light strikes it at just the right angle.

Always like to see a saiga being upgraded. Those are some damn nice pics, what camera are you using, with what sort of lens? Macro?

Thanks its a Kodak C180 with 10.2 Megapixels many close ups were done with the micro setting. The lense is the standard one that is

nonremovable, but I used it on the wide angle setting. Its does pretty good for something that cost $100 new.

Update with pics! we love em around here! GL!

Update with pics! we love em around here! GL!

Yes, I will.

Photos are great, thanks!

A stock Saiga is a nice no nonsense firearm. I was into the Mini 14's in the early 80's and for some reason the stock Saiga reminds me of that (you know in the beginning the Mini 14 only had the standard low capacity mag 5 or 10 rounds only! Higher capacity mags did not even exist!)

I don't blame you for wanting the photos of the stock rifle. Good camera work by the way.

Frosty

Thanks

could you snap a head on pic of your muzzle? i just want to see if there is a noticeable difference between barrels that are threaded with the cap on and barrels that arent threaded, with the cap on.

theory is, if you have a threaded barrel, they should be noticeable under the cap.

since your chamber is stepped, i'm curious what a possibly non threaded barrel looks like with the cap on.

Thanks. I will go ahead and get a few head ons and have them up in a few minutes.

• Like 1

It wasn't easy to get a good focus on the crown. The chrome mirror reflection fuzzes the picture when the flash engages.

Heres the best out of 20 pictures the rest were way to fuzzy.

jzjwc9.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics!

comparing those to the pics on page 5 by 'TR Young' in the "i have a factory threaded barrel" thread, you can certainly see a difference.

someone needs to combine all this good info into one thread and make it a sticky.

To set up for drilling into the trunnion, I crazy glued a nut in place to keep the

drill bit from moving around before it finally bites in. This was a precaution due t othe fact I am using a handdrill.

This worked real well. I got a good pilot hole going with a number 6 cobalt bit and later switched to a number 8 after 3 number 6 bits broke on the way through. After 10 minutes I had a nice clean hole all the way through. Next I used a 8-32 tap to thread the hole. I used plenty of gun oil in the hole to prevent the tap from seizing up. 3 minutes with the tap and I was done.

2uxtheg.jpg

1fzdoj.jpg

• Like 1