Scope for PSL stock?

Just took my converted 308 out for some testing and I am not liking the PSL stock and scope combo I have. The PSL stock is very short. I have the UTG side mount scope rail and a centerpoint 4-16x40 scope. If I move the scope foward it is still a little too far back for proper eye relief. It makes for an uncomfortable shooting position. I have the same scope and mount on my 223 but I have a saw grip and tapco T6 stock on that one and its very comfortable. Im not sure if I should just ditch the stock and go saw grip and T6 stock on the 308 or should I ditch the scope and get another one.

Why not try the POSP scope that comes on PSLs?

It would line up just like on PSLs, since PSLs are built on AK receivers.

EDIT: or go to Dinzag Arms's website, Battleriffle G-3 sells through him. He makes a real Dragunov stock that will fit the .308.

You could ask him to make it a touch longer for you, or add a recoil pad for overall length.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

I think I have found it is the scope mount I am using. The Belarus? looks like it mounts further foward on the side rail than my UTG mount does which would move the scope foward which would make for a pleasent shooting position. That and a recoil pad as a spacer and Ill be in business, I think. Thanks guys.

Every scope mount should mount as far forward on the side scope rail as any other mount. That's what allows them to lock in place. Now the relationship of the weaver rail compared to the mounting bracket could be different (the connecting arm could be angled forward as opposed to straight up), but if you're going to buy a new mount because you think it mounts farther forward on the side rail i wouldn't waste your money.

Just took my converted 308 out for some testing and I am not liking the PSL stock and scope combo I have. The PSL stock is very short. I have the UTG side mount scope rail and a centerpoint 4-16x40 scope. If I move the scope foward it is still a little too far back for proper eye relief. It makes for an uncomfortable shooting position. I have the same scope and mount on my 223 but I have a saw grip and tapco T6 stock on that one and its very comfortable. Im not sure if I should just ditch the stock and go saw grip and T6 stock on the 308 or should I ditch the scope and get another one.

i have the same scope mount and stock but have a 24x scope and having the same problem i dont like the scope mount anyway. too bulky and ugly am gonna return it and get this scope mount http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmaccessories/add-ons/saigascope.htm i think i will have better luck with it and its more my style and seems like it would line up better with me using that stock.