Question about Beryl Mounts

Hello!

I just put the finishing touches on the internals in my converted .223 saiga. Now, I want to work on the outside.

I want to get a Beryl style mount...most likely this one: DPH Beryl . I am also considering the Texas Weapons Systems Beryl mount because of the quick detach and built in rear sight. Who here has first hand experience with these mounts and are they reliable (hold zero)?

If I decide to go with the DPH one, I want to use either of these two rear sights (which ever will work best): Sight 1 or Sight 2

Because I don't have a Beryl mount on my gun to measure, I need your help to tell me if the dimensions of these sights will line up with the stock Front Sight. Sight 2 is adjustable all the way down to the top of the rail and can use other brand apertures, and Sight 1 is just really low to begin with and can interchange the ghost ring.

If anyone has any input, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I am very happy with the TWS rail i have, there is very little play, and zero holds. I think it could be a little tighter, but from what i can tell, it might just be my rifle, as other users have commented on how close it sits to the dustcover (less than a sheet of paper can slip through) mine has slightly more downward flex, but it doesnt seem to effect zero.

It should come with a little bottle of locktite, however, and i did have to ream out the latch base slightly for the beefier stock screws i had, which was slightly offputting, but once it was installed, works like a champ. I greatly prefer this style of rail, at least in theory, for the lower profile, and quick detatch. The first sight you linked to is about the height of the TWS peep site, so i would think that once it was installed on a beryll rail, it would sit pretty high, you might run out of front sight post before you got it shooting level again, im not sure. Hopefully someone else has some experience.

I have the DPH one, although I got mine from Carolina Shooters supply... same part, though...

I have a barska 6-24 X 44 scope on it... havent sighted it in yet... but its close... It would not sight in on the .308 and thats the rifle I originally wanted it to be used on...

Its solid, locks up tight, looks good, and seems to be a real quality piece of construction.

does it work? well, yeah... Can I sight my scope in??? I dunno... maybe not... certainly not on my 308 for whatever reason... it shot several feet high and I ran out of down adjustment. I suppose if I were to be shooting at 600 yards all day, it would be fine! :up:

:smoke:

Specifically, I'm wondering if the Sights I mentioned in my first post will line up with the FSB on my .223 if I used the DPH mount. For this, I need to know about how high off the receiver cover is the very top of the rail. With this height, I can look at the dimensions of the Sights I found and determine if they will line up.

Anyone know anything about these? Tech-Sights Maybe use them in conjunction with a LaRue IronDot?

• 1 year later...