I use Krebs with XS 24/7 big dot night sight on my S-12. Cobras choke and the XS front sight is what made big the differance on the S-12 for me to crush them clays. On my trap guns I have/had on both a 2 bead sight with a 1" ribbon/rib barrel with a front white bead. So the XS/krebs was a very easy transition for me.

Edit

I think the HK's will hold their own on the trap range. I was surpriesd how well the stock sights preformed.

Edited by havok

I use Krebs ghost-ring sights with a Polychoke. These parts allow fast target acquisition and great accuracy, especially when set to full/extra full choke. It's also nice that these are "bolt-on" parts, (just "screw-on" for the Polychoke), no welding or cutting required. ;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I use Krebs ghost-ring sights with a Polychoke. These parts allow fast target acquisition and great accuracy, especially when set to full/extra full choke. It's also nice that these are "bolt-on" parts, (just "screw-on" for the Polychoke), no welding or cutting required. ;)

I'm with post-apocalyptic. I put krebs sights on my first S-12 conversion, and have shot S12s with HK sights and liked the krebs sights better. So much better than I put them on my second S12 conversion that I had originally planned to put a red-dot on.

I also use a polychoke and if I'm shooting bird shot at all I crank it down to the tightest setting. It punches a fist sized hole through the middle of a paper target out at 10 yards. It works great on clays, and works great at focusing the shot together to knock down poppers/plates.

Have HK's on mine and love them. If your S12 is primarily for HD purposes then this is a teriffic setup and you can still bust clays with them, although some of these other sights listed may be better options for clay busting.

Zach

KROSS

Thanks everyone. One more question for those of you that use Krebs. Which aperature do you use on the rear sight?

It depends on the application. For slugs, I use the insert, (peep), for maximum accuracy. For clays, I remove the insert, (ghost-ring), for faster target acquisition.

For HD, I leave the insert out. At those short ranges, the ghost-ring is more than accurate enough if you even have time to use the sights.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic