CA Legal S-12 MODS

Ok here's the deal...

I've been looking for a post on what mods are legal in CA for an S-12, I haven't turned up anything good so far.

Here are the words on the books...

A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

A folding or telescoping stock.

A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

(This is illegal altogether)

A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.(My S-12 has a Bullet Button:ded:)

Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

This doesn't say anything about chokes or breaks?

Can I have one of these?

Are there any after market stocks that are legal in ca?

Is anyone else in PRK(Peoples Republic of Kalifornia) familiar with the laws they are all so vague. I just want to change the look of the gun a little without getting arrested heh....

we sell conversions with "bullet bottons" as one- off converted guns to CA.

you cant have anything beyond ten round mags for the gun, and you cant have telescoping or folding stocks on the gun.

Also, there is some discrepancy as to what configurations allow you to have a front pistol grip on the gun, either permanently or on a rail.

otherwise, you can have a saiga 12 with a pistol grip or not, so long as the gun is 922r compatible, and you have the magazine lock on it, as per CA law. attaching a greater than ten round mag to it, you must also follow 922r while doing so.

Ugh......moving to Susanville CA sometime this year. Ive been wondering if can SBS it here in GA and then transfer it. I mean if its NFA before its Cali bound would I be able to keep my PG and folding stock if I can convince them that its directly related to me moving to Cali for gunsmiths school (which it would be).

Edited by Azkamidaka

Ok makes sense...

So what's a good aftermarket buutstock thats legal in PRK?

I have the dps skeleton stock, check out caralinashootersupply or any of the vendors involved with this forum. you just cant have a folding or collapsible.

I live in Ventura County CA and this is what i sleep with..

post-21930-12640518584648_thumb.jpg

This is mine. Its all Kali legal.

gallery_15019_317_81859.jpg

You can have any stock you want so long as its fixed. Some have folders that are permanently pinned or collapsable that are permanently pinned as well. However, there's no sense in that so just get a good fixed stock like an orginal AK style in either Warsaw or Nato length depending on your desired length of pull.

If you want an ACE or Tromix style stock you'll have to get a special adapter. If you choose the internal adapter, you'll have to remove the rear tank or you can get the external adapter and not have to worry about removing the tang at all.

As for muzzle devices, since it is a shotgun and not a rifle, you can have just about anyone that is available out there so long as it is not one which applies to NFA.

Are these still legal in Kalifonia?

Only if the bark is permanently attached and it's OAL is greater than 26 inches. Don't even think about sharpening one of the ends.

The cap on the pen can only be detachable with a button type release and the ink cartridge can only be filled to one thirds capacity.

A "fixed-mag" (bullet-buttoned) Semi-Auto shotgun may have 2 additional "evil" features, like a VFG and flash hider/comp. There are no circumstances that one may have a saiga-12 w/out a mag lock or a magazine larger than 10rds.

FrustratedInCali: IANAL but I believe your gun is not legal with your bullet tool attached to the gun, this is 100% a no-go on other EBR's according to the people much smarter than me on CalGuns. Personally I put mine on a wrist strap.

The Calguns Shotgun flowchart should be memorized by all Cali Saiga-12 fans (I even keep a printed copy in my saiga case):

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/sgflowchart.pdf

sgflowchart.pdf

Edited by KRS Juan