Unmodified Saiga rifle Magazines Promag and Surefire Feedback

I have heard alot of good stuff about the surefires, I have heard alot of bad stuff about the promags but I have not experience any problems yet. I have fired more than 2k rounds prolly threw my 10 promags. I dunno maybe they have to run out of their 9 lives first, maybe im not abusing them enough ./shrug.

I am going to go with steel mags in the future though, the bullet guide was a breeze to put in.

From what I see go with the DZA bulletguide and then use cheap mags for fun and a few expensive ones for SHTF or whatever. I am thinking the bg is for me with cheap promags will work reliably then get some Orlites to trim. But that is in the 223.5.56.

I have two surefire mags - didn't want to mess around with a bullet guide yet. If you don't want to install a bullet guide and you want the immediate ability to have more than 10 rounds, I recommend them. The bolt hold open will probably wear down eventually, but to me that was just an added bonus while it worked. They are supposed to have a very good warranty but I haven't attempted to use it for something like that.

The ProMag that came with my AMD-65 just came apart after it was fully loaded with 30rds. Everything went flying across the room. Wife thought I had fired the rifle. Needless to say I no longer own any ProMags.

If you must have a cheap non metal Mag.buy a TAPCO Mag.

The best non metal Mags are the Arsenal circle (10) Mags. but they are costly around twice the price of the TAPCOs.

I have not used either on a 7.62x39 Siaga,but I did use both on an unmodified 223 Saiga with no bullet guide. The Sure was an excellent magazine, but has horizontal re-enforcemnt ribs that make it hard to remove from a mag pouch. Surefire incorporates a bullet guide on theirs that is identical to a Saiga factory magazine. The Promag was CRAP! their built in "bullet guide" is a little flimsy tab that WILL break off, thus rendering your weapon a club. Spend the $30 on the bullet guide kit from Dinzag so you can use Mil-Surp magazines. As was said, if you must buy AMerican, go with Tapco (though I am not a fan of their mags, though their grips and G2 trigger groups are awesome). Last time I checked, Surefire were $40+ each.

I just received some Surefire mags in mail (I placed an order for Saiga originals). I haven't tried them but they look and feel really cheap compared to the Saiga mags. I'm sure they'll work fine, but if you want something "nice" I wouldn't get them. So I'm going to send the surefire mags back for the OEM ones I wanted.

I just received some Surefire mags in mail (I placed an order for Saiga originals). I haven't tried them but they look and feel really cheap compared to the Saiga mags. I'm sure they'll work fine, but if you want something "nice" I wouldn't get them. So I'm going to send the surefire mags back for the OEM ones I wanted.

I actually like the surefires a little more than the saiga original mags as far as quality goes - I may be a little naive, but the original mags don't seem that great as quality is concerned - at least for the mag that came with my saiga.