I just ordered this and thought some of you guys might be interested in this. It is not on MP site yet, but it is on sale. I AM NOT A DEALER FOR MAGPUL.

Mods if this is stepping on anyones toes please delete.

It's about $35 and it is called the Magpul AFG-angled fore grip

4190202607_1bc628f9a.jpg

This is Stickmans AK. He's the photographer for Magpul, so there are no TM violations.

Edited by hallboss

I've been thinking about getting one of these for the S-12 since it wouldn't interfere with the mags...

True, that's a real strength of this design on that particular weapon. I use a Tango Down stubby on a Krebs side-rail grip adapter to solve this problem, (of course these Magpul grips weren't available at the time).

I'll end up picking one up at some point (because I'm a Magpul whore), but for now, I'm rocking TD stubbies on everything of mine that has a VFG. But the AFG does indeed perfectly fit my grip-style.

Magpul just released their new catalog that you can DL as a PDF file. They have a lot of new stuff coming out.

I just ordered this and thought some of you guys might be interested in this. It is not on MP site yet, but it is on sale. I AM NOT A DEALER FOR MAGPUL.

Mods if this is stepping on anyones toes please delete.

It's about $35 and it is called the Magpul AFG-angled fore grip

4190202607_1bc62a8f9a.jpg

This is Stickmans AK. He's the photographer for Magpul, so there are no TM violations.

Like, DAYUM!

For me. . . . THAT looks like "the shit!"

:super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super:

Gonna have to try one for sure.

After performing a little search, I just completed my purchase for one of these from AIM Surplus. $33.20 and free shipping. Can't beat that!

Edited by Gary

My AFG Angled Fore Grip arrived in the mail this afternoon from AIM Surplus (damn, but that was some pretty fast free shipping) and I think she is going to look and function superlatively on my rifle!

Ummm. . . that is, when I finally get my IZ-240 rifle back from being converted.

:lolol: . . . :lolol: . . . :lolol: . . . :lolol: . . . :lolol: . . . . . . . . :blush:

Edited by Gary

Here is a couple of pics on my DPH tri rail. It does take up a lot of space, but man was it worth it. It is very comfortable and there is more than enough room for mag changes.

_0129.jpg

_0130.jpg

Edited by hallboss
  • Like 1

Here is a couple of pics on my DPH tri rail. It does take up a lot of space, but man was it worth it. It is very comfortable and there is more than enough room for mag changes.

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

That looks real good. These things are perfect for the rock-n-lock AK mag system.

Anybody have any word on AWB relevance?

Whether or not it is considered a vertical hand grip? The law in CA (PC 12276.1) describes a forward grip as a vertical grip meant to be grasped by the non firing hand. The weapon must also be equipped with folding or telescoping stock. It has to have both which, even if the forward grip met the definition or a vertical grip. I know it looks like mine has a tele stock, but look closer....

Good point though, thanks for looking out.

Edited by hallboss
  • 1 month later...