hoppes #9 has worked well for me, although honestly ive never used anything other than that

+1 ... old school stuff, works great on all my guns

yea, ive been very happy with it. its the same oil my grandfather had me use on his 22 when he took me shooting for the first time.

hoppes #9 has worked well for me, although honestly ive never used anything other than that

+1 ... old school stuff, works great on all my guns

I used Hoppes #9 for a while, but I really like the new Hoppes Elite. It works better and it doesnt smell bad so I can use it in the house!!

• 8 months later...

Hey, had to let you know, I've been using this grease less spray... It's actually a lubricant and cleaner. It's called safari charlie gun lube, have any of you used it yet? it has some pretty good reviews:

Just pointing out a good spray alternative in case you are interested. smile.gif

For those who have used it, let me know what you think!

Edited by Wolverine
Non-vendor link removed per policy

Cheap silicone spray. Hose it down and let it work. Clean and hose down again. let dry. Put Rod and reel grease on the sliding rails. Shit will fire for ever and look good doing it. Serious, why spend all that money on all the high dollar stuff? Silicone works good to degrease and clean. When it dries, stuff don't stick and is easier to clean next time. I want a major manufacturer or a person here tell me why silicone isn't the shit. Disprove me. Why waste dollars using solvents, then waiting for it to dry so you can use lubricants. For tens of hundreds of dollars when you can use silicone for pennies. Prove me wrong. Your high dollar oils are shit when you shoot hundreds of rounds. They might last 40-50 rounds. Prove me wrong - not with a sheet of metal left outside overnight. Prove me wrong in a gun.

did expensive oil kill your family??? You seem so angry towards it.

MILITEC-1 I hear it works well, do a search on it. The reviews were awesome...........

It works great! I use it on everything. MILITEC sent me a shitload of it for free when I was deployed in Afghanistan one time. It penetrates and treats the metal to give it its own lubricity even when dry. You have to heat up the weapon so it penetrates the pores in the metal by firing it, throwing it in an oven, or in the sun. I treated my duty carbine in the field over there by dousing it in MILITEC-1 and leaving it in a black trash bag in the sun for a while.

We forgot the best one yet....

010crop-150x362.jpg

From their website:

SILVER BULLET GUN OIL CONTAINS 13% USDA LIQUEFIED PIG FAT. The PIG FAT is mixed with our blended, hi-grade WEAPONS OIL designed for use in ALL FIREARMS. The oil is applied to the inside of the barrel of any firearm or weapons system. When fired, BULLETS are coated with SILVER BULLET GUN OIL containing the PIG FAT. The PIG FAT is transferred to anything the BULLETS STRIKE. The coating of OIL CONTAINING PIG FAT effectively DENIES entry to Allah's Paradise to any Islamo-Fascist terrorist KIA with a bullet coming from a firearm using SILVER BULLET GUN OIL in the barrel. SILVER BULLET GUN

OIL uses the belief system of Allah's Islamo-Fascist terrorists to put fear of death into them, a fear they haven't had until NOW.

• Like 1

010crop-150x362.jpg

From their website:

SILVER BULLET GUN OIL CONTAINS 13% USDA LIQUEFIED PIG FAT. The PIG FAT is mixed with our blended, hi-grade WEAPONS OIL designed for use in ALL FIREARMS. The oil is applied to the inside of the barrel of any firearm or weapons system. When fired, BULLETS are coated with SILVER BULLET GUN OIL containing the PIG FAT. The PIG FAT is transferred to anything the BULLETS STRIKE. The coating of OIL CONTAINING PIG FAT effectively DENIES entry to Allah's Paradise to any Islamo-Fascist terrorist KIA with a bullet coming from a firearm using SILVER BULLET GUN OIL in the barrel. SILVER BULLET GUN

OIL uses the belief system of Allah's Islamo-Fascist terrorists to put fear of death into them, a fear they haven't had until NOW.

I use MILITEC-1 on the gun. Will have to get this for the bullets bad_smile.gif

Tactical

Clean http://www.royalpurp...c-car-lubricant maxfilm spray can

Dry

Additional lube on wear points http://www.henkelna....tUID=0000000I5D

Hunting rifles and fine pistols

Clean http://www.hoppes.co...s/solvents.html

Dry and

Lubricate all components http://www.remington...ls/rem-oil.aspx

Edited by storm6490

010crop-150x362.jpg

From their website:

If I ever use this stuff, I'll have to make sure I shoot it with a full belly. The smell of fried bacon makes me lose any and all concentration. Targets will start lookin' like red potatoes, over easy eggs, toast, and coffee cups!

• Like 1