Sights on Chaos extended quad

I'm really interested in the Chaos extended quad, but I'm not sure what sights would work. I'm thinking some sort of a flip-up AR sight, but I'm not sure if they will sit up too high. Has anyone had any experience with a sighting system for the new extended quad?

I'm really interested in the Chaos extended quad, but I'm not sure what sights would work. I'm thinking some sort of a flip-up AR sight, but I'm not sure if they will sit up too high. Has anyone had any experience with a sighting system for the new extended quad?

I'm waiting on mine. soon as its here I plan on going with flip up irons and a red dot. I'll post pics when its here.

It is still rather new, so you won't find many people(if any) at this time that have expirience with them currently.

as far as height, The flag bearer for russian red dots is the kobra, Its tough durable, and will never mount low enough for it to cowitness on a AK.

I would recomend treating A Chaos extended quad with AR buis and red dot like you would any AK with a scope.

Get a cheek riser.

Problem solved.

I have Krebs sights on the gun right now. Is there some way I could use a different rear sight that could be used in combination with the front Krebs sight? Or would the front Krebs sight obstruct the view of a red dot?

Look at how low your krebs keeps your sight plane. Once you stick a piece of Rail on top of your gun you have already obstructed your view.

Even the ultimak rail wouldn't be low enough once you stick a red dot on top of it.

The only way i know of that you could cowitness with the krebs sights would be to mount a rail on your barrel, for example some of the 3 gun guys have done this by having a piece of rail on the mid barrel compensators.

i've already purchased my magpul mbus sights as they add little weight and i'm mounting them where they will get no heat. One suggestion for you would be to modify the length of the krebs sights or sell them on here to someone who's looking for that sort of thing. I wish i had welding skills like nbomb, i'd make/modify all kinds of stuff. If you can't modify your sight send cameron a message. One thing i can say about cameron, is that he listens to what the people want and after much measuring and tooling, produces something amazing. I'd let him know that you're interested in a barrel mounted front sight that lines up with a rear buis on the extended rails. If there is enough interest i'm sure he can eventually make it happen.

I just put a holographic sight (Eotech clone) on a quad rail today (UTG), and its a pretty slick set up. The rail allows the low slung sight to be placed in a comfortable position for the operator, and there is a clear factory sight picture through the open channel underneath the rail.

Personally, I like the set up and will probably use it on the next personal S12 I build.

WS

I have the russian front sight, I'm hoping I can see the front sight post if I raise it...

My plan is to take a scope mount and chop it down, then file in a little V for the rear sight...

hopefully that will work...

I really love that barrel mounted sight. :super:

looks like it, and my russian front sight had to be turned way way down to work with the factory rear sight.

So I'm hoping I can turn it way up to clear the rail, making a rear sight will be easy with the help of a laser bore sighter for 12ga. :D

I just can't seem to part with my Krebs sights. Would I be able to still use the Krebs with the standard length quad? I'm thinking the rear sight might sit high enough to clear the rail. Has anyone tried this?

Krebs don't work with the standard Chaos quad-rail.. the top rail sits high enough that it obstructs about half of the rear aperture sight. If I were you, I'd just forget about a quad-rail and go with a tri-rail.

I use Krebs sights with a Chaos tri-rail and I'm very happy with the set-up. If you want to mount a red-dot, don't forget about the side-mount plate on your receiver! ;) It's there to be used, works well, and won't fuck with your irons.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I just can't seem to part with my Krebs sights. Would I be able to still use the Krebs with the standard length quad? I'm thinking the rear sight might sit high enough to clear the rail. Has anyone tried this?

Krebs don't work with the standard Chaos quad-rail.. the top rail sits high enough that it obstructs about half of the rear aperture sight. If I were you, I'd just forget about a quad-rail and go with a tri-rail.

I use Krebs sights with a Chaos tri-rail and I'm very happy with the set-up. If you want to mount a red-dot, don't forget about the side-mount plate on your receiver! ;) It's there to be used, works well, and won't fuck with your irons.

Thats what I do On my first S-12...

P2120006.JPG

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, but I have made up my mind. I'm going to go with a Chaos tri rail and a side mount for the red-dot. It seems to make the most sense. I get to keep the Krebs sight, which I can't seem to part with, and get an awesome rail from Chaos. I was thinking of the Belarus BP-02 mount for the side rail. Anyone have good or bad experience with these?

Also, what red-dots are working for you guys? I was thinking of maybe the Burris Fast Fire. I've heard some good thinks about them. I definitely don't have the coin to drop on an EO.

the eotech can be had used for 300 -350 and the durability is WELL worth the extra coin in my opinion. they are some big and ugly though!! if you do end up going eo be sure to get the 1 that takes regular aa batteries. i also have heard good things about the high end clones of both eo's and aimpoints.

Also, what red-dots are working for you guys? I was thinking of maybe the Burris Fast Fire. I've heard some good thinks about them. I definitely don't have the coin to drop on an EO.

the eotech can be had used for 300 -350 and the durability is WELL worth the extra coin in my opinion. they are some big and ugly though!! if you do end up going eo be sure to get the 1 that takes regular aa batteries. i also have heard good things about the high end clones of both eo's and aimpoints.

Good point on the clones. Nothing wrong with an authentic Eotech, and it looks bitchin', but why spend $300 -$600 on a 300 yard sight for what is under the best of circumstances a 100 yard slug or scattergun.

Heck, with the factory iron sights and a mag full of 00 buck, nothing within 100 yards is going to be able survive the hail of lead an S12 can deliver in the space of a heartbeat.

Clones can be obtained for around $100 (or less), and are more than adequate for the effective range of the weapon. One of the really great things about an S12 is that once the target area is identified and acquired, you are not going to miss.

JHMO

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

Good point on the clones. Nothing wrong with an authentic Eotech, and it looks bitchin', but why spend $300 -$600 on a 300 yard sight for what is under the best of circumstances a 100 yard slug or scattergun.

Heck, with the factory iron sights and a mag full of 00 buck, nothing within 100 yards is going to be able survive the hail of lead an S12 can deliver in the space of a heartbeat.

Clones can be obtained for around $100 (or less), and are more than adequate for the effective range of the weapon. One of the really great things about an S12 is that once the target area is identified and acquired, you are not going to miss.

JHMO

WS

Do you know what the brand names are for the sights? I would be pretty interested in a cheaper sight. As for mounting, I've heard that an EO (or possibly also the clone) cause ejection problems if you are using a Belarius BP-02 mount.

JHMO

WS

Do you know what the brand names are for the sights? I would be pretty interested in a cheaper sight. As for mounting, I've heard that an EO (or possibly also the clone) cause ejection problems if you are using a Belarius BP-02 mount.

Mine is a clone that was used in a film. I picked it up used (in virtually new condition) from a prop master. I'll check on the brand (if I can find it), and pm you.

The sight ran $120 shipped, and does a brilliant job.

WS

• Like 1

The only thing I'm worried about is if I use a Belarus mount with an EOtech clone it may cause ejecting problems. I know each gun is different, but there are some guys who have had a problem with it.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=27250

What mount are you using with your clone?

Edited by Rickj427