Aftermarket 10rd 12 guage magazine

Hello all

I am new to this site, i am wondering if anyone would be intrested in a reliable 10 round magazine for your saiga 12 shotgun, the magazine will be of zytel nylon/injected molded plastic construction, it will be very similar to your eight round magazine except longer and half the price if not less depending on costs of making the mold/materials. The Magazines will be produced for me on contract through a registered military contractor (my neighbor). I want to know if it would be worth it for me to produce these magazines. So, what i would like is to get 100 units sold (without the exchange of money) more so of a sale on the honor system. I'm in the first stages of producing these if there is an honest interest they could be finished within a month, price range? what would you pay? 25-50 dollar range thats just a broad guestimate. Post your comments or email me. Thank you in advance. Joe

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum Motorcityman!

I quick browsing on this forum of many of the threads here will answer your question.

YES!!

Build a reliable magazine, especially a ten round and folks will beat a path to your door. Sell it for under 50 bucks and you won't be able to keep them in stock! Put me down for two right now and if I like 'em I'll sing your praises and buy at least six more.

Shep

Two sold right here right now, and at least two more in the near future! I would at least make the first order for 500 mags, you would probally sell all those just on this board and then when the word got out to non-board members... Look out! If this works out, that would be f@cking awesome!!! :super:

Welcome to the board! :up:

Edited by mopeman

I'll jump on the bandwagon and am good for at least 4 mags; however, this is not the 1st thread to get the Saiga-junkies hopes up!

If you can make the mags happen you will have no problem selling them on this forum...or EGAY

MadDog

Edited by MadDog

Count me in! I want some! Thanks alot ya'll for pushin the price up to the max right from the beginning. He said 25 to 50 can't ya'll read? They aren't gold plated geez. You guys have been watching ebay too long. :rolleyes:

I'd buy more if they were less, i.e. 8 @ $25 vs probably 2 if they were around $50. I'd at least buy 1 as long as it wasn't an EBay grab your ankles price. 8 would be optimum as I could probably use RPK mag cases.

Get on it quick in case we get flooded with imports.

Yea... I was thinkin at like 25 - 35 I would buy a good bit of em. besides, lets not forget that just 2 short months ago, the whole gun itself complete with a mag was sellin fot 230. @ $25 I would gladly drop $300 for starters for a dozzen of em. and I speak for a lot of people when I say that the ebay game flat out sux! He is clearly not trying to pay his morgatage from the sale of these things. And yes his time is worth money but 50 is a bit steep in my opinion. All and all I tip my glass to the man and hope he can make it happen. But I for one will not pay a bazzillion trillion $$$ for a mag. And happy late easter to all you guys. :clover::bann:

I would definately be interested in a handful, as would some friends of mine. But I'll be honest with you, I think $50 a piece is a little steep. But I also understand that coming up with a custom mold job for what is essentially a small production run(s) is not cheap any way you cut it. If they are reliably functional and reliably available, you have a pretty good market to tap here!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Jeric

Screw "small run," keep the mold and stuff around, and talk to CDNN... they sold, what, 2000+ S12s? I bet they'd take 1,000 mags right off. Tapco and a few other places would probably be interested, too.

Get the volume up and you can get the price down, and then we'll buy even more. :-D

Well i am happy that theres this much interest in the five hours that i posted my message, i've been asked a few times not just on this board but others as well if i'm serious. I am totally serious, serious enough that i cut an eight rounder, a five rounder and a two rounder in half with a band saw to see the construction. I will get rolling on it tomorrow, as far as price goes i have no idea, but i will tell you they will be one hell of a lot cheaper then the russian mags. Bare with me on this project it i will kepp you all updated. Joe

If you have not searched this site, do so, there is no shortage of interest in high cap saiga mags.

Like I've said before, if you produce a durable, reliable, cheaper mag, you will have no problem selling them.

I'll try one, if it is durable, and reliable I would but 14 more.

Note that if your final price is close to what a factory mag costs I would buy the Factory mag. I know they work, and are well built/reliable