Aftermarket 10rd 12 guage magazine

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BVamp, buddy, old pal...get a grip.

just to remind you guys. DO NOT POST pictures of any of your big mags in a saiga firearm in THIS forum

At this year's SHOT show (yes, I am an industry professional, that and ten bucks will get me a cup of fo-fo coffee at Starblechs), I went to the BATFE booth. I hunted down Sterling Nixon, Chief, Firearms Techology Branch, and asked him point-blank (in front of my lawyer):

"What is the legal magazine capacity of a Saiga magazine-fed shotgun?"

He told me, also point-blank, that as long as the American-made parts count guidance was followed, "...you can have as big a magazine...ten rounds, a hundred, belt-fed if you like" and it would be perfectly OK.

Sometimes you have to go into the belly of the beast. But, BVamp, as Maggie once said: "...don't go all wobbly on us now."

Please.

Alex

Ref:

Sterling Nixon

Cheif, Firearms Technology Branch

Department of Justice, Beueau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

244 Neddy Road

Martinsburg WV 25401

(304) 260-1700

(304) 260-1701 (fax)

Give him a call, if you like. He likes to tell his side of the shoestring machine gun story ;)

AW

Wakal has a good idea to contact Sterling Nixon of the ATF but PLEASE GET IT IN WRITING. A written letter will have a better effect in a court of law. (G-d forbid any of us should end up there). In the meanwhile don't post pictures until you're sure you're in compliance so you don't give evidence against yourselves.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer:

Edited by uzitiger

I have daughters and a wife. I am broke, so I'm good for no more than 2 on my first order with more after receipt of those.

However once you get it up and running you may want top invest in 3-4 backers

[subtle hint to forum members]

Griz

OK... Now that this thread has nothing to do with what it was for in the first place, hence the brainless babbling  bullshit that some people just cant stop themselves from poluting inoscent threads such as this one. Has anyone actualy heard from motocityman?.  If he is still reading this thread, and somehow I doubt it... PLease pm me or e-mail me directly at frogzilla2323@comcast.net.  Also, somewhere I read on this forum that someone was needing a mag bottom.  Ill help ya out if you still need one.  PM me as well.

That was McUZI that needed the floor plate.

Heres a link:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=5413&hl=

• 1 month later...

Did Motorcityman ever finish this project? How far along is this?

Sorry, I lost track of this thread for a while and am trying to catch up. Especially after the whole Daewoo fiasco in the .308 forum.

Edited by cvasqu03

Between the personal attacks i got in emails saying i would be the direct result of the saiga 12 becomming a destructive device and the Fifteen thousand plus dollars i would have to invest to make this project go through (which i could handle without any problems) i've declined from pursuing this project for a while, its now on the back burner, too many negative opinions in my opinion a direct result from some of you, i was never looking to make millions just to produce a good source of magazines which are not available anymore for a shotgun that we all love and adore, i've been a huge fan of the kalishnikov design for most of my life and when this shotgun first came out i was like wow. If and when i do make these magazines or anything else for that matter i will not tell a sole, i will just one day post a message that there available. I'm sure this will piss off a bunch of you, but do this for me, start from the begining of my first post put yourself in my shoes and read every last post and then come to a conclusion of your own. God bless america McM

Between the personal attacks i got in emails saying i would be the direct result of the saiga 12 becomming a destructive device and the Fifteen thousand plus dollars i would have to invest to make this project go through (which i could handle without any problems) i've declined from pursuing this project for a while, its now on the back burner, too many negative opinions in my opinion a direct result from some of you, i was never looking to make millions just to produce a good source of magazines which are not available anymore for a shotgun that we all love and adore, i've been a huge fan of the kalishnikov design for most of my life and when this shotgun first came out i was like wow.  If and when i do make these magazines or anything else for that matter i will not tell a sole, i will just one day post a message that there available. I'm sure this will piss off a bunch of you, but do this for me, start from the begining of my first post put yourself in my shoes and read every last post and then come to a conclusion of your own. God bless america  McM

Thanks for your reply Motorcityman. I can certainly understand your frustration with the way some of the messages have gone in this thread. I actually feel bad you had to endure all this seeing as how I understood that you were doing it out of love for the Saiga and wanted to share a great product that you yourself wished to see made with the rest of the Saiga community. Who knows? Maybe it's a good idea to do as you say and one day just announce a product when dealing with the gun community seeing as how it tends to be a volatile place. I've been looking into some exteneded mags for another weapon and that's exactly how I was planning to approach it.

Good luck with your other projects, and don't let the turkeys get you down.

Don't blame you a bit motorcityman. Was hoping that you were going to follow through anyway but you gotta do what you feel is best.

Seems the feds and the gun grabbers don't have to do anything anymore, we just frighten ourselves into restrictions. :ded:

Shep

Glad to see the "Motorcityman" is alive and well? I was planning to use the Siaga for 3 gun competion and had done the usual modifications as have the rest of the members. Without high cap mags the weapon is not much good for my intended use. I really don't wish too pay the going price(?) that the 8 rounders/or/ even the 5 rounders are going for.... so the gun sits... With some help from the forum and the contributors, I' ve done the pistol grip,trigger control group and BHO... even fabbed a 7 round mag. I've got the barrel set up for "porting" and that was the next project. There is no reason to continue without the big mags. I can build a nice US made shotgun for about the price of a few Saiga mags but I would rather shoot the Saiga, So I sit with the rest of the folks that won't pay the big buck for the mags. Someone CAN build these mags. I really think this will happen??? .

I CALL BS.. I DON'T BUY IT, your not making these mags, your just some schmuck who's setting us all up.....but if you are real.....i'll bend over and let you put it to me for 50$ a hit,,,count me in for six :haha:

Apparently you have been reading about Daewho is the .308 section. :smoke:

ok i'm on the fence here.

if someone makes hi caps, great! awesome! there's alot of people out there that want em!

but, if someone has the ability to make hi caps then they have the ability to make the 5 rounders and even 2/3 rounders.

hunters need 2/3 rounders. i'd buy a shit load of those! you know how fast you could reload if you were hunting with about 10 3 round mags? cinch em together for even faster reloads.

then people like me that just want a regular ole 5 rounder b/c they are so much cheaper than the hi caps. i'd buy five 5 rounders compared to only 1 or 2 hi caps.

the 5 rounders are smaller, lighter, and LEGAL for people like me who don't have the u.s. parts count in their shotguns.

all i'm saying is don't completely shut this thing down.

you can still make a killing selling 5 round normal mags and hunting mags.

please take this into consideration and don't give up on us!

ok i'm on the fence here.

if someone makes hi caps, great! awesome! there's alot of people out there that want em!

but, if someone has the ability to make hi caps then they have the ability to make the 5 rounders and even 2/3 rounders.

hunters need 2/3 rounders. i'd buy a shit load of those! you know how fast you could reload if you were hunting with about 10 3 round mags? cinch em together for even faster reloads.

then people like me that just want a regular ole 5 rounder b/c they are so much cheaper than the hi caps. i'd buy five 5 rounders compared to only 1 or 2 hi caps.

the 5 rounders are smaller, lighter, and LEGAL for people like me who don't have the u.s. parts count in their shotguns.

all i'm saying is don't completely shut this thing down.

you can still make a killing selling 5 round normal mags and hunting mags.

please take this into consideration and don't give up on us!

good point, get some reliable 5 rounders out there in circulation and the capital will come rolling in without anyones hassle. Once you have an established manufacturing business and everyones trust the 8-10 rounders will be a cakewalk. If you do get harrassed after adding the 8-10 round line stick with the 5 rounders and continue to make money. You may even be able to use the same die for molding the mag bodies, just have a block in place when producing the low caps to make them shorter.

I say that moto should post a list of all the nay sayer... Id like to see who is saying its going to be the direct result of a dd brand on the saiga. and moto... you should still do it... "make them for personal use" and sell a few here and there... I gona still guess that atleast 2/3rds of us wanted them...envi still... make em 8 rounders and the hell with the nay sayers... mags dont make dd bans, tyranical governments do!! F*%^* that... lets get together and make so drums... PM me sometime if ur interedted and no one will ever know. :bann::clover:

Opinions are opinions and facts are facts, some people have said that by me making 10rd mags that the atf will turn around and reclassify the saiga 12 as a destructive device, thats a total bunch of bullshit to even say, the atf is not going to reclassify a shotgun to a DD simply because of its magazine capaciety. Striker, streetsweeper, usas12's were around for years before they became DD's, i have recieved several pm's stating...."dont build them or else the atf blah blah blah" give me a break, i'm not some rookie when it comes to guns and laws, my laywer gave me the go ahead so i'm going to build them, but theres some steps and hurdles i have to pass before i market them, if anything i'll build a hundred for me and scrap the mold, but i would like to sell some of these at least to cover my expenses or hell make a few dollars while i'm at it.  If you people think a measly 10rd clip is a disaster and is going to hurt our rights as gun owners then what do you people think of 100 rd beta mags and such, theres all kinds of companies marketing high cap mags out there, well heres one more for you all. ...

...  God bless you all and God bless the United States of America, later.... Joe

What happened to THIS motorcityman that we all (well almost all...) knew and loved?

I say if ten rounds scares you now, make it 8 or 9. Or 5 or 2 or 3!!!

Who cares about a round or two? You say you have the capacity to pull this off with no problem, prove it. Fuck all the boo hoo babies and make a product that you will sell by the case load.

Just my .02

Maybe this is all for naught anyways. Maybe Homer Van Fleet will end up being the equalizing factor in the mag situation once things get imported to the states again.

ugh!

• 3 weeks later...
I am seriously convinced that most of this forum is insane.  No offense to those of you that aren't.

:bag: :bag

Insanity? The loss of reason and ability to grasp reality? I say thee nay. Insanity is out of the question. Some are more skilled in expressing ourselves and some consider the third grade the best 4 years of our life. Some of us eat baked potatoes with Chives and Sour cream and some us eat Grits and Gravy.

Insanity? No not us. We are that diverse, patriotic, shotgun loving bunch of enthusiasts that the liberals call "The Lunatic Fringe"

And there's more of us then THEM.

Sincerely,

Queen Marie of Romania

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: