Aftermarket 10rd 12 guage magazine

Interest would be over the top, yes.

As someone else said, you would also have a huge market with CDNN who sold the lions share of Saiga 12 magazines.

I would buy 5-6 if they are under $50.

Not just "saying" I would buy 5-6 and then when the time came to write the check, "the transmission blew on my car" or "my wife said I couldn't" or anything like that. Count it.

Show me a pic of a die, and i'll gladly prepay for them.

5-6 for me, money in the bank.

Everyone else here is money in the bank too.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am totally serious, serious enough that i cut an eight rounder, a five rounder and a two rounder in half with a band saw to see the construction....  Joe

Did you hear that guys? He cut an 8 rounder in half. He must be serious.

Motorcityman - perhaps could post a picture of those mags cut in half :angel:

And yes, you will sell a slew of them. I don't know if you saw the guy in Finland selling the 8 rounders, but he got orders for something like 200 of them @ $80 each on the first day.

Prices:

Ebay $160 to $195 = $20 to $24 per round

Europe sellers $80 = $10 per round

Motorcityman $50 = $5 per round

(one quarter the cost of Ebay, half the cost of Europe sellers)

As I stated on AR15.com, +1 for copying the factory design/length/capacity. A 10-round single-stack mag would just be too cumbersome for practical use, IMHO. I also like the idea of the sectional mold, to allow for making mags of different capacities.

If this project happens, I might get a couple 10-rounders just as curiosities (much as I regard my 45-round AK-74 mag), but if they were 8s or even 5s, I'd be in the market for 5-10 of them.

I hate to point this out, but this is the "TwentyFirst" Century.

How would an individual make a die? Just like in industry. At General Electric, 1000 people don't make a die. One engineer goes to the CADAM and designs it, the design is given to a prototype machinist who produces it. At GE it costs a million dollars to do this, because there are 5000 paper shufflers "supporting" the design and production effort.

If you don't have the 5000 paper shuffler support staff, it can be done faster and less expensively. You don't have to get 200 signatures signing off on the project.

Just do it. You don't even have to "design" it. A working "prototype" already exists.

Edited by olderandslower
I am under the impression that molds cost many thousands of dollars to make.  This does not include the price of the equipment to actually inject the plastic.  How about springs, and metal reinforcemets?  How can this project be "doable" by an individual?

Yours,

Thumb Clip Pull Pin.

In his original post, motorcityman said that actual production was going to be done by his neighbor;

"The Magazines will be produced for me on contract through a registered military contractor (my neighbor)."

So apparently the actual manufactuer, his neighbor, already has the equipment for production available and will be cutting the molds as well. Hopefully they have already discussed this at length and have a good idea as to the costs involved and what the final product should sell for in order to make the project worthwhile for them while still giving us what we want at the price we like. We'll see soon enough.

What will be interesting for me to see is who will have a finished, functional magazine first, Amish Psycho or motorcityman, what the price will be for their products and how they will stack up against each other in terms of quality and reliability. Lets not forget the possiblity that there may be others out there doing the same thing we don't know of yet and finally the possibility of having the new importer for Saiga getting their operation up and running, selling factory mags in quantity and at sane prices.

Looks like the drought may soon be over gentlemen.

Shep

Since this is like a wish list to Santa Claus you can put me down for 6 mags. And a new bike and a pony  :haha:

HOHOHO Its funny you asked for a new bike from santa, sit on my lap young man santa has the bike for you. Selling a motorcycle to fund this project =) 1991 BMW R100GS and its red to boot for your christmas spirit. I had a long talk with my neighbor this mourning, its on a roll, the design will be designed on CAD then milled out on a CNC mill. I will post pictures once the mold is made, ETA within the month.....hopefully... Joe

You can put me down for Two mags I would be happy to test your mags in Three Gun Matches Mickprono wins matches Kenneth Moore also shoot in matches and I'm sure would love to test them under match conditions for you. Even so I would be willing to buy them as soon as they hit the market.

John Williams

The ATF is something i've been thinking about, if it is in fact illegal to build them of course i will not, i will call up my local ATF office tomorrow and ask who can answer that question in writing. I'm guessing there shouldnt be a problem, i mean its not a 20 round drum or anything "believe me i've thought of building one of those" imagine how badass that would be, dont get your hopes up on that though. Years ago i had a striker 12 with a folding stock but once they changed it to an NFA gun like a dumbass i sold it and michigan is a non NFA state, curio and relics is the exception, so no more buying strikers or usas12's, if ten rounders are a nono then 9 rounder it will be, lol. later. Joe

hey, i called the technical branch of the atf yesterday and the technician basically said what uz said, there are no fed laws/regs restricting the size of mags now although there may be local/state restrictions. one thing he brought up is that in virginia, it's illegal to carry a loaded shotgun with a mag of 8rds or larger in a city of >160,000...don't even ask me the logic behind that one!

he asked me who was making the mags and i told him it was uz, to sell along with his full auto s12 conversion kits... hahahahahahaha :D :D :D

It's interesting that ATF seems to want to say 'it's 'military', so you can't have it' when military weapons are exactly those that the supreme court decided were protected in 1939. Miller was found guilty because his shotgun didn't have a military purpose, now shotguns can't be imported if they do. Sooner or later these two opposing viewpoints are going to meet in court.

If all of this works out, I may have to buy an S-12. It would involve selling another shotgun to do so, and as such can make no formal commitment.

Other than that, I wanted to say that I agree with McUzi... and I doubt he cares if anyone loses sleep. ;)

A wise man once told me: 'tis far easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Truth be told, I don't really care. Maybe the ATF works off of Rulings rather than Laws, but I for one don't think that we should let the possibility of them flying off the handle stop us from anything. Despite what I've heard some say (not here, elsewhere), this is still a free country.

Either way, depending on circumstances, I would probably buy 2 or 3. Have a nice day gentlemen.

Yes,  this rock solid analysis from you is hardly inspiring.  And your opinions in court are worth so much more then the ATF's why? 

<Snip, since the rest was all bullshit>

Look moron. This isn't a complicated legal matter requiring in-depth knowledge of obscure things.

It's as simple as the fucking year is long.

The same law that gives you the right to breate air is the same law that gives you the right to make a 12 round Saiga 12 magazine.

That simple.

Since there is no law saying you "can't", then you "can".

Tell your lawyer friend that he should ask the correspondance school to refund his money for his degree, since he is apparently as retarded as you are.

I will make this real simple.

This isn't "Legal opinion" here, this is a chance for you (or your lawyer) to win a free Saiga 12 shotgun.

Just show me the active law (an ATF letter ruling would suffice) that says it's legal to make a magazine of any kind.

That simple. Period.

Don't pontificate, don't cry, don't distract. Just show me this documentation that says it's illegal to make a magazine, and you (or your lawyer) get a free Saiga 12 shotgun.

Until that time, please STFU and allow the man to make his magazines, since he is perfectly legal in doing so, and his only speedbump would be any self-doubt caused by your moronic, 70 IQ, clueless and incorrect retard ramblings.