Saiga 12 problem!!

Ok so i was blastn some shells outa the s12 yesterday then it sounded like a m1 garand kicking the clip out, the small cover on the recoil spring broke off? Where can i order a new one? Gun still works perfect, the cover just closes up a small gap when the bolt closed, sorry wish i had pics, anyone know what im talking about?

I dont know what we have at the shop for spares, but I have an extra that I acquired a while ago that Ill swap out for your broken one's parts if we dont have a spare in the shop from a parts gun.

You will have to give me a few days to find out for you, as the gunsmithing department is shut down this week, due to the SHOT show.

In the meantime, the gun will function fine without it, so long as you leave the metal ring on the recoil spring assembly.

-Ben Vampatella

• Like 1

in order for the shotgun shells to have room to eject, the dust cover had to be opened up more, to the point the insides were exposed, thus the adding what was essentially removed from the dust cover to the recoil spring. Several years ago, I was contacted by a certain head armorer of a certain brigade that was about to go to a certain place with several of these weapons, and was asked what spare parts to acquire to be able to repair in the field. this was one that I listed as unique to the gun, but also listed it as not required for function in the field. (please do not contact me about this, the details of this will not be disclosed)

this part breaks VERY rarely. when I figure out where your replacement part is coming from, Ill get you sorted out, and Ill want some information about your gun, just to document the problem in our records (in private of course).

I have a funeral to attend here today, so please be patient.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea pretty much, he even said he would pay for my broken part shipped back to him, awesome customer service, and i havent ever bought anything from cadiz!!!!!!

Cadiz is great, and they are a fantastic resource for this board.

I'm convinced that if it weren't for their outstanding customer service (on behalf of RAA) over the past few year, the saiga platform would be far less popular than it is today.

Same thing happened to me in competition once and the cover rolled downward and wedged between the hammer preventing the gun from firing. It is just a spot weld holding the ring to the plate. The part is not needed for function and for my competition guns I automatically remove them. I personally would just take it to a radiator repair shop and let one of them mig or tig weld it for a couple of dollars. The replacement you get MAY end up doing the same thing after some shooting. It MAY not, but you've seen it happen once.....

Edited by philg80