Conversions for your Saiga - Tactical Class version

If you have a Saiga 12 that you want to have converted, here is the price for a complete Tactical Class conversion. If you want to pick and choose which items are to be installed, call Robert for pricing.

RandRTargets Tactical Shotgun Conversion - $1300 On your Shotgun! (price good through 1/25/10)

(If you don't own a Saiga, add $650)

Here is how it is configured and what is performed:

#1. Completely disassembly of the shotgun, not one part is left alone.

#2. RandRTargets machines/welds the following;

Weld/fill in holes in the receiver and mill new holes for the safety,

magazine release and stock adapter

Ream the forcing cone for more uniform shot and less felt recoil

Cut barrel so there are no threads on the exterior end

Cut and thread barrel to accept Remington chokes

Weld more length on the barrel hood to avoid malfunctions

Cut bolt and bolt carrier and polish to accept a loaded magazine without holding the bolt back

Polish and smooth action

#3. Install and fit the following RandRTargets custom made Saiga parts;

RandRTargets AR 15 stock adaptor

RandRTargets Trigger Guard / Grip Adaptor

RandRTargets Magazine Well with trigger finger release

RandRTargets 2" X 11” vented handguard

RandRTargets AR style Safety

#4. Install/fit the following parts;

Veltor collapsible stock

Ergo Grip

Briley Improved choke

Tapco trigger, straighten the trigger and perform a trigger job

Ceramic coating of barrel and frame

Fitted Surefire magazine

If you have any questions, feel free to call Robert directly at 503-551-7283.

Doug

"Weld more length on the barrel hood to avoid malfunctions" can you explain this better, what malfunctions?

Sometimes a shell tilts up and can catch the rear of the barrel hood. Robert extends this hood so that the shell cannot catch and cause a failure to feed.

Doug

I will get picture of the hood mod, don't currently have one.

The left side charging handle mod uses your bolt carrier and dust cover. The bolt carrier is drilled and tapped for the bolt handle installation and the dust cover is trimmed to fit.

Doug

• 4 weeks later...

did you find a pic of the hood mod?

thanks, ron

Robert says that this is one if his secret mods and asked that I not post a picture. You can get the idea, the hood is extended so that a shell cannot rotate up and contact the rear of the hood. This causes a failure to feed and can be a problem to clear if the shell snags solid on the hood. If you have any other questions on the mod feel free to call Robert at 503-551-7283.

Doug

thanks, ron

Robert says that this is one if his secret mods and asked that I not post a picture. You can get the idea, the hood is extended so that a shell cannot rotate up and contact the rear of the hood. This causes a failure to feed and can be a problem to clear if the shell snags solid on the hood. If you have any other questions on the mod feel free to call Robert at 503-551-7283.

Doug

Doug, I found out when I was making my 15 round mags the shells would do that if there wasn't enough spring pressure in the mag.

I've never had that happen with one of my AGP mags. Does that happen sometimes with the surefires?

thanks, ron

Doug

Doug, I found out when I was making my 15 round mags the shells would do that if there wasn't enough spring pressure in the mag.

I've never had that happen with one of my AGP mags. Does that happen sometimes with the surefires?

With the old magwell my gun would do it on occasion. Since I had the new straight insertion magwell installed I never have that problem. The new magwell holds the magazines better and does not allow them to shift at all which may have added to the problem. All my mags, Surefire 12s and my R&R moded 20, now work 100%.

Doug