Primary Arms Microdot

• 4 months later...

THANKS SAL!!!

I'll be getting one for my Draco ASAP. :killer:

Hurry and order they will be gone soon, he does small batches. Good Luck Corbin. :smoke:

Now these revised red dots, are they the gen2 or gen3?

Actually, they are the Gen 1. They are not currently in stock, but will be soon.

These Primary Arms red dots sound like they're a very good product for the money, (when they're available).

Personally, I just spent a little more, (nowhere near as much as an Aimpoint), for the Russkie version: the PK-23. I ordered it from Eastwave last week, ($209 shipped with side-rail mount), so it should arrive in 2 weeks or so, per their email. Damn international shipping takes forever. :(

Personally, I just spent a little more, (nowhere near as much as an Aimpoint), for the Russkie version: the PK-23. I ordered it from Eastwave last week, ($209 shipped with side-rail mount), so it should arrive in 2 weeks or so, per their email. Damn international shipping takes forever. :(

Let us know how you like it.

I wonder how many Russian sights and mounts you will go through before you finally give in and buy an Aimpoint. :haha:

I have the Micro Dot setup on my AR. I love the thing! The weight is great and it has held up well. My only recommendation would be to buy a Daniels Defense mount if you want to co-witness with an AR.

I am planning to buy another when I build my next Saiga project. I really am a fan of the weight and compact size.

Let us know how you like it.

I wonder how many Russian sights and mounts you will go through before you finally give in and buy an Aimpoint. :haha:

Never! I won't give in to the hype, (most Aimpoints cost more than another S-12, which I'd rather have). :D

Though I haven't tried one yet, from the info I could gather online and some reviews of it, the PK-23 looks like it should be a solid choice. I like the fact that it uses a 1 MOA blinking red dot. Should be easy to see in all lighting conditions.

Also, I don't particularly care about co-witnessing with irons. If my optic fails, I can either, (depending on the particular mount), look just below it and go to irons or strip the scope off the side rail, (takes seconds), and go to irons.

If I do start caring about co-witnessing, I can use the PK-23 with that new ultra low-profile side mount that Kalinka's selling.

*shrug* We'll see.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Here is my DRACO with the Primary Arms Micro.

So Far I have shoot the crap out of the PA, I shot more 5.56 and now only about 110 rounds with 7.62. Works Great. I use a Aimpoint on my M4, and I put my Bushnell micro on my AR. In full sunlight the dot is fine. The Aimpoint has a more intense dot, but to be honest even out in the day I have to turn it down. The PA Micro, I usually have on the 10 or 9 setting.

I am running a Midwest Ind rail on the Draco, don't expect to cowitness... as Sal said the interior light source is at the 4-5 o'clk position and gets in the way.... And to be honest if your using a red dot, your not going to be co-witnesing that defeats the purpose of the optic. Here are a few pics and a vid of busting the cherry on my Draco last week.

th_DSCF0453.jpg

post-19827-022861600 1281671956_thumb.jpg

post-19827-080352800 1281671973_thumb.jpg

I have been running a RDS very similar to the Primary Arms Micro except it is a Konus Sightpro Atomic. I've had this thing for over a year, originally on my 835 Ultimag Turkey gun. It held zero with 3 1/2" on it and since putting it on my S12, it has held zero with both sizes run through it.

DSC02954.jpg

Has anyone heard of these failing from over heating yet. Has anyone gotten them real hot? Just looking for any NEW reports.

I haven't had an issue yet... My barrel was hot as heck, I know due to having to put the cleaning rod back in the Draco, and of course my glove is missing some leather on the thumb.. yeap very hot. As well as the rail was very hot, Air Temp was around 85-90 when shooting last week. Rate of fire rapid. Mag change/reload and shoot again. So to answer your question.

It did not fail due to overheating.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard of these failing from over heating yet. Has anyone gotten them real hot? Just looking for any NEW reports.

I have a Draco with the Primary Arms micro dot on a cut down Ultimak. The RDS is a Gen 1 and it co witnesses fine as the emitter is at 7 O'Clock. I've put somewhere North of 2k rounds through it with no problems, and the Ultimak gets HOT! The red dot has not lost zero or had a problem with the heat, even after multiple mag dumps and bump fire wastage. :killer:

Here's a bump fire video of me & my Draco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5cBVeMY2w

P3182381.jpg

P3182374.jpg

P3182378.jpg

Edited by mammynun
  • 3 weeks later...