I have finally found a box stock unfired s308 in my area and plan to do a comprehensive build I'd like convert with a quality trigger, add a telescoping stock, a really nice pistol grip, a quadrail fore, and a brake I'm contemplating a rail mounted red dot or a scope not sure which just yet. I all ready know all the rail mounted goodies I'm getting but I'm very uncertain about the previously mentioned parts. quality and reliability a paramount to me as my family will depend on me to keep them safe with that said any recomondations out there?

I have finally found a box stock unfired s308 in my area and plan to do a comprehensive build I'd like convert with a quality trigger, add a telescoping stock, a really nice pistol grip, a quadrail fore, and a brake I'm contemplating a rail mounted red dot or a scope not sure which just yet. I all ready know all the rail mounted goodies I'm getting but I'm very uncertain about the previously mentioned parts. quality and reliability a paramount to me as my family will depend on me to keep them safe with that said any recomondations out there?

dinzag makes great parts for any saiga. ask anyone on this site tapco is awsome as well

The Dinzag FCG is your best option for the 308, it solves any safety problems and is very well made. I prefer the Hogue pg because of the feel and grip it provides. As far as stocks go you can put just about any style and make you want, depending on your budget.

congrats on your new saiga and welcome to the sickness...

I wish I had spent a little extra and ordered a Dinzag FCG before converting my 308. I didn't know about the safety and the trigger sliding issues that other FCG introduce when installed in this particular Saiga. I also really like the Hogue grip on my 7.62x39, but the way that it screws into the trigger nut is not the most reliable way when it comes to attaching pistol grips on an AK. Ideally, you want a pistol grip that's not hollow inside and has a screw going through a hole over the entire length of its body, like the original AK pistol grip does it.

"congrats on your new saiga and welcome to the sickness..."

Thanks... and it certainly is, I spent some time with a m16 and it was a very discouraging experience. Hard to be happy with a gun when you can barely go through drywall, the 308 does not seem to have this problem although it's a little more work to stay on target. BTW what the hell were they thinking with this trigger?

• 4 weeks later...

My personal preference is for the Vepr .308 RSA trigger group. Best AK trigger going. No safety problems in my installs. You might have to relieve one side of the hammer to get the BHO to work however. I just wish Randal Power would make a non-adjustable one, it would be in all my Saigas!