I got my new PTR-91 in from Atlantic Firearms. Very impressed with it so far. For those of us who can't afford a real HK91, the PTR is an excellent buy.

There are a few changes in it vs the classic HK or CETME rifles. Its got a heavy target barrel and a windage knob on the rear drum sight unlike the others. It accepts both CETME and HK mags, as expected, including 30rd HK mags. The receiver is cut to easily accept the HK claw mount. The metal is packerized and then painted with a matte black finish and looks very nice out of the box.

The one I got was made from a new HK parts kit on a new JLD receiver. I've only shot 25yrds from the standing position but have been very impresed with the accuracy. I will attach my scope and mount for the next trip to the range. I did read a review on the Kurtz carbine model which is 2 inches shorter saying it shot a group a little larger than an inch at 100yrds.

The PTR91 disassembed very easily (by hand) compared to the CETME which is extremely tight (hammer). The gun came without any dirt, cosmoline, etc, and the bolt (being new) looked great and was a grey color.

The recoil was noticable and the trigger pull was heavy (11lbs), just like the real HK and CETME rifles.

If there are any questions regarding the CETME vs the PTR-91, let me know as I will be selling the CETME.

post-128-1112067510_thumb.jpg

Edited by KySoldier