Wanted: Wood Thumbhole Stock for Saiga .308

Hey fellas. I've seen some cool conversions to the pistol grip on Saiga .308s, but nothing has struck my fancy. I was thinking that the only way I'd do a conversion on my 22" S-.308 is if I could find a nice enough wood thumbhole stock that matches the wood on my fore end.

So, here's what I'm looking for: Wood thumbhole stock, preferably with a butt pad, that fits on an AK/converted Saiga. To give you an idea, I included a picture of the Saiga .308-2 with the thumbhole stock. If somebody has the stock from a Saiga .308-2 or just a Saiga .308-2 altogether, that would be nice too. Thanks.

post-1841-1112112667_thumb.jpg

You got GOOD TASTE MJ....

If only they would import those items as "aftermarket" parts for saigas the world would be a better place...

I am with you... I would put one of those on SEVERAL of my saigas.. thats just one badass looking thumbhole design, there..

I could sell you a cheapy chinese mak90 thumbhole $10.00 shipped. and thats at MY COST.. ( shipping/packing/stock) they work. They arent as nice looking as those.. but they arent too bad.. I know you want the BETTER quality one, though.. I dont blame you..

Hell... if ya DO come across a supply.. dont be afraid to share the info after you get yours! :)

:smoke:

You might consider one of the Romanian "dragunov" thumbholes. (PSL type stock)...

Norinco84S-thumb.jpg

They are common and cheap -and fit the euro guns. I think the grip is a little fat, so I shaved 'em down with a dremel.

The pic shows one I was working out over the holiday for a Chinese stocked AK -it was put on a Norinco 84S .223 cal AK just for fitting purposes.

I bought these laminated "take off" romanian stocks for $3 a pop at a gun show.

Lollygagger :unsure: (jus' a idea)

Edited by lollygagger

If any wonder how much to shave from the PSL type stock, here a pic comparing it "before & after"...

RomTHstocks-2.jpg

The unmodified stock on the left is the one that was reworked and put on the Norinco 84S for the pic shown.

Lollygagger :unsure: (it's done with a rasp bit and/or a sanding drum on a Dremel)

P.S. -BTW, the metal butt plates on these are pretty "trick"...

They are actually recoil pads -they are spring loaded INSIDE the rear of the stock!!

Edited by lollygagger
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think Centerfire was hocking em for about 10 a pop last time i looked, that's not including the shipping so maybe Indy has a better deal
ATTENTION: New mak-91 wood chinese thumbhole w/ buttplate/pad at ----AKParts.com---I e-mailed Chris(tech support) a few days back concerning manufacturer.Originally these were supplied by either Boyd or Bishop -2 USA companies.Chris says he got a truckload a while back--he understood they were mounted on the mak-91 for import 922r. complience.He also states--- no choice of manufacturer(one w/pad-the other w/plate)--sounds to be made in the USA & " 922r.complient"----YEAH!!!--------Bring your own(longer) pistolgrip bolt----$30.00 -- $30.00 -- $30.00---a 48hr. SECRET !!!!!!!!!!!!!---------Now the trucks are rolling!!!!!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OPPS ! EXCUSE ME ! In the reporting of as Chris says "literally a truckload" of the wooden thumbholes--922r.complient USA by Boyd or Bishop, I thought to send word up the ladder to report the finding appropriately & I inappropriately used the REPORT button.OOPS ! EXCUSE ME!---E-mails are free---Go to site/E-mail Chris/Check it out!---I NEED 3 or 4 myself! Edited by john762
  • 5 months later...
I think Centerfire was hocking em for about 10 a pop last time i looked, that's not including the shipping so maybe Indy has a better deal
ATTENTION: New mak-91 wood chinese thumbhole w/ buttplate/pad at ----AKParts.com---I e-mailed Chris(tech support) a few days back concerning manufacturer.Originally these were supplied by either Boyd or Bishop -2 USA companies.Chris says he got a truckload a while back--he understood they were mounted on the mak-91 for import 922r. complience.He also states--- no choice of manufacturer(one w/pad-the other w/plate)--sounds to be made in the USA & " 922r.complient"----YEAH!!!--------Bring your own(longer) pistolgrip bolt----$30.00 -- $30.00 -- $30.00---a 48hr. SECRET !!!!!!!!!!!!!---------Now the trucks are rolling!!!!!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OPPS ! EXCUSE ME ! In the reporting of as Chris says "literally a truckload" of the wooden thumbholes--922r.complient USA by Boyd or Bishop, I thought to send word up the ladder to report the finding appropriately & I inappropriately used the REPORT button.OOPS ! EXCUSE ME!---E-mails are free---Go to site/E-mail Chris/Check it out!---I NEED 3 or 4 myself!

I have a thole stock, Bulgarian, I can part with also a Russian sniper stock

slr95stockwsaigadrag002.jpg

slr95stockwsaigadrag003.jpg

with Proper markings

slr95stockwsaigadrag004.jpg

slr95stockwsaigadrag005.jpg

I think the bulgy is as close are you going to get without making a copy of the RUSSIAN wood one.

Good luck. PM me for pricing. TOM

Edited by ar15pistolpimp
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.