New member - but old lurker- announcing his'self :)

After almost two years of being a regular visitor to the site, I finally have a question for the "pros" and I was just about to ask it when I realized I might come across as kind of abrasive if I didn't introduce myself first, so here goes (I've been meaning to do this for two years anyway!):

My name's Wallace, I'm 37; the wife and kids and I live in rural eastern Oklahoma about an hour SE of Tulsa. The countryside here is pretty; the people out here are NOT - I swear the setting for 'Deliverance' was based on this place... wait, the hillbillies in that flick were skinny!

I consider myself extremely conservative in the original textbook Jeffersonian sense and extremely liberal by the European definition; this just means that I hate bureaucracy AND fascism. :)

I prefer function over form and I love bang-for-the-buck, hence my enthusiasm for the Saiga. :P

I'd like to wrap up by thanking all of you who've put so much effort into researching these guns' possibilities and all the matters that concern them (you all know who you are, or certainly should)! :D

Edited by type44q

After almost two years of being a regular visitor to the site, I finally have a question for the "pros" and I was just about to ask it when I realized I might come across as kind of abrasive if I didn't introduce myself first, so here goes (I've been meaning to do this for two years anyway!):

My name's Wallace, I'm 37; the wife and kids and I live in rural eastern Oklahoma about an hour SE of Tulsa. The countryside here is pretty; the people out here are NOT - I swear the setting for 'Deliverance' was based on this place... wait, the hillbillies in that flick were skinny!

I consider myself extremely conservative in the original textbook Jeffersonian sense and extremely liberal by the European definition; this just means that I hate bureaucracy AND fascism. smile.gif

I prefer function over form and I love bang-for-the-buck, hence my enthusiasm for the Saiga. tongue.gif

I'd like to wrap up by thanking all of you who've put so much effort into researching these guns' possibilities and all the matters that concern them (you all know who you are, or certainly should)! biggrin.gif

You wouldnt happen to be from/near mccurtin county would ya? Man I tell ya, people from there scare me, and the woman can grow thicker beards. I dont think any of them have heard of a tooth brush or soap. 021.gif

Welcome to the forums!027.gif

• Like 2

Welcome. Lots of good info here. Also, there is a guy about an hour away from you named Tony....... Rumore has it that he knows a little bit about Saigas.:rolleyes:

The good people at Tromix are far too busy to take much notice of little people like me! :rolleyes:

You wouldnt happen to be from/near mccurtin county would ya? Man I tell ya, people from there scare me, and the woman can grow thicker beards. I dont think any of them have heard of a tooth brush or soap. 021.gif

Welcome to the forums!027.gif

We're just east of Muskogee, about 35 miles north of McCurtain - and I couldn't have told you that unless I'd just looked at a map. :P

What took you so long to get here.

:D

Welcome!

Yakdung

Unbelievably bad internet access out here (my ping times have been averaging two years). :P

Welcome aboard. My daughter lives near Chandler Ok. with my ex, and she says pretty much what you do about the locals. To her, my friends and family in rural Pa seem sophisticated!

To put things in perspective, this place is to Chandler what Chandler is to rural PA (I shit you not)!

Edited by type44q

Welcome to the forum. I lurked for quite a while, just absorbing the vast amount of information available here.

Now, on to the abrasive question....

I sure hope I get to read this one before the mods delete it!

I was afraid the asking would be abrasive, not the question itself (which was rather mundane... and which I've already asked in the 12ga section, it was about shot size). :P

Edited by type44q

Welcome, and I hope that you ain't no where Enid. I have a "friend" there that has "one" bigger than all ours, and she'll stomp a mud hole in your ass you could drive a truck thru, and that's when she's in a good mood. :) Just kiddin, but the first time she came to visit, her belt buckle was bigger than her titties, her jeans wear spray painted on, and she was FINE, but do not piss that woman off. I guess if they are corn fed, they're more calm, she must have been fed gun powder.

Welcome, and I hope that you ain't no where Enid.

Where the men wear their Wranglers too tight and the cattle are scared? :P With all seriousness aside (sic), I think Enid's up north of Oklahoma City (towards the Kansas border). I'm quite a ways away from there but it's not any safer here than there (I have my feminine lil' fireball here, tits, terrible temper and all). :P