Nutnfancy SHOT Show: SAIGA Rifles and Shotguns

Like all his reviews, very, very long winded.

He talked for 32 minutes did he even mention anything about converting?

EDIT: Oh, he did, after 22 minutes...

I really like that sliding stock and factory ghost ring S-12. Maybe they'll make a typical stock S-12 with ghost rings from the factory too.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

Very true buzz.

I always get a good laugh that's been at the Valley Forge Gun Show in PA every single time. Every time they are there with Saiga rifles/shotguns totally mall ninja'd out with unconverted guns using 30rd mags and 40 lbs. of accessories hanging off the front.

lol be like chris costa and have two lights/lazers on the gun.

I watched this already, some sweet guns shown there. I hope when Nutn' reviews the S12 he reviews both a converted and non converted one. That way viewers will know what you CAN do to your stock Saiga 12.

Nobody's said nothin' about that slick ambi safety?

For shame!

Where do you get them?

Agreed!!! I was thinking of doing something similar if I didn't converted a .223 Saiga I'm planning on getting. That rearward extension would allow you to work the safety with your trigger finger too if you had a the original trigger group in, just the oppisite direction from a normal AK. Safeties are pretty much universal between AK platforms right (besides for a minor notch on semi-autos internally)? If so I could see this going on a lot of my gun. I have a BlackJack Buffers SWIFT lever on my go to gun and this one is a step better!

Where are they getting them?!?

EDIT: Dinzag doesn't do them, I'm going to email Mach 1 and Surefire to see if they do it since they were mentioned as the partners for those "Spec K" Saigas

Edited by MattCFII

i'd like to find out more about that new adjustable drago stock for the s12. finding a stock that's comfortable and long enough for my 6'9" wing span (i'm 6'9") is why i haven't converted mine yet.

Is the factory stock on your unconverted Saiga 12 long enough for you? If so then you can just do a conversion and continue to use that existing factory stock. The only reason most people install a regular (i.e. shorter) AK stock when they do a conversion, is because the factory Saiga 12 stock makes the length of pull too long for most people after the conversion is done. But in your case since you are 6'9", it's probably a good bet the factory Saiga 12 stock would still fit you just fine after a conversion.

Edited by Frogfoot

Is the factory stock on your unconverted Saiga 12 long enough for you? If so then you can just do a conversion and continue to use that existing factory stock. The only reason most people install a regular (i.e. shorter) AK stock when they do a conversion, is because the factory Saiga 12 stock makes the length of pull too long for most people after the conversion is done. But in your case since you are 6'9", its probably a good bet the factory Saiga 12 stock would still fit you just fine after the conversion.

hey frogfoot, yeah the factory stock is pretty comfortable for me and i put on a recoil pad for stock saiga 12's from CSS that gave me another inch. i've thought about doing the conversion and using the stock one, but i'm not too crazy about how it looks. most likely i'm gonna get another 12 soon (prolly a 22" one) and keep that one mostly stock and convert this one.