New LOW Price on the MD-20 from MD Arms, Ltd.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't mind having pre ordered and paid about $250 waiting thru the delays and helping mike get his company off the ground only to have him turn around and drop the price to $120. No I'm fine with th

Hi, I wanted to break some news here to everyone. Due to a new comer entering the Saiga-12 drum market soon... We are lowering the price of our drum, the MD-20 to $120. You read that right, $120!!

Anyone complaining about paying $260 needs to remember one key part of this puzzle....Nobody forced you to buy one! The MD20 is not a requirement for Saiga 101. You wanted one so you bought one...So did I. That money is long gone and well spent! I am happy they are more affordable so I ordered another at $120. If they are $95 in two months, so be it. Remember when DVD players came out to replace VHS? some folks wanted it right away and payed hundreds more than you pay today. At least an MD-20 is top quality, and will last forever! How much stupid crap do you pay to replace every other year?

• Like 3

I was one of the first ten people to order from Mike when the drum first came out.......... I was happy with the price back then when I bought them, and I'm happy with it now......

Mike went through a world of shit from almost everyone when he decided to produce the drum......That was back in the day when even saying the word "drum" on this forum was a huge ass no-no.....Mike was determined and busted his ass, at considerable risk, to bring this drum to Saiga owners........

Reducing the price now, for whatever reasons, will be good for the Saiga community overall, and is a business decision made at Mikes discretion. IT IS WHAT IT IS, and I support Mike.......who has made an extremely significant contribution to us who own Saiga-12's, and will make more as time goes along !!

Slamming him now because of this is really chickenshit.........

Keep on kickin' ass, Mike !!

My $.02

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 4

I paid $270 for one of Mike's drums.

I will pay $120 for another, gladly.

Why? Because I KNOW it will work flawlessly, right out of the box.

I don't care if Mike's a millionaire from selling drums at $270. He INVENTED something I wanted and there is/was no other game in town.

• Like 2

We're luck they didn't get banned before we ordered them, those who bought them at full price made it possible for us to get them at this price & did a bit of the field testing that has led to their reliability.

I thank them.

As for those bashing Mike D, & AGP the other week for that matter,

It reminds me of the parable of the vineyard workers, except in more of a literal sense than a metaphor.

Matt 20:1-16 "For the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who was the master of a household, who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. He went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace. To them he said, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. About the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle. He said to them, ‘Why do you stand here all day idle?’ "They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ "He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and you will receive whatever is right.’ When evening had come, the lord of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning from the last to the first.’ "When those who were hired at about the eleventh hour came, they each received a denarius. When the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise each received a denarius. When they received it, they murmured against the master of the household, saying, ‘These last have spent one hour, and you have made them equal to us, who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat!’ "But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Didn’t you agree with me for a denarius? Take that which is yours, and go your way. It is my desire to give to this last just as much as to you. Isn’t it lawful for me to do what I want to with what I own? Or is your eye evil, because I am good?’

When one thinks about it, this is a very good & very necessary business decision.

MD is faced with competition from ProMag. An inferior, yet MUCH larger company with a much longer reach into the marketplace in general & onto store shelves.

If his drums cost twice as much as the ProMag, ProMag will be everywhere, just like their shitty 10 rounders are now. ProMag already has more influence & connections due to a much more extensive (albeit low quality) product line.

He desperately needs to get his product out there NOW to build his reputation further.

The best way is for MD to flood the market with his product so ProMag owners are eating shit while MD owners are loving life. Word of mouth sells.

Case in point, outside of gun shows, I can't find a stick mag other than ProMag locally.

The temporary loss of his drum sales when people who don't know any better buy shitty ProMags could deal a death blow to MD.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 5

I bought three at $260 apiece and have absolutely no regrets. The only thing that concerns me a little bit is some people may be hesitant to buy MD products in the future when they first come out, thinking there will be a huge price drop later. Personally that's not the way I roll, but there will certainly be a few and I hope thats not a detriment to his business.

I have some serious news for many of you that are new to the world of firearms and think that this price fluctuation is the end of the world. The prices on much of the firearms and ammo that you have paid though the nose for may well be coming down.

I can remember when Glock Mags were going for $125 each during the last "Assault Weapons Ban!" And what do they cost today? If you honestly think that the high cost of ammo is anything but market demand you are delusional. When people stop buying it, it will come down.

With a filibuster proof Congress a thing of the past, there is a good chance that we will not see much in the way of anti-firearm related legislation for a while, and the prices will fall. Firearms, firearms accessories, and ammo have become very volatile over the last few years with the constant threat of pending legislation. If the perception of that threat is diminished, the prices will fall, until the next threat comes along, and if it is successful, this stuff will be gold, or cocaine, depending on the severity of the restrictions.

In 30 years I have never predicted the firearms market incorrectly. This is the time to stock up, not bitch. :blues:

Thanks Mike!

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 4

^^ Ya what he said. Hell your drum might be worth thousands in the the future, then you'll probably be pretty happy, wont you.

ETA: Fuck it, I just bought another one. Thanks Mike and can't wait for the double stacks. :super: :super: :super:

Edited by thehopping1

Damn, hasn't anyone who's pissed ever bought a VCR or DVD player?

My Pops paid $400 for each when they first came out. Now they cost $40.00.

The only thing the guy has ever bought that this didn't happen to is his Bose surround system.

This is just part of being an early adopter.

It happens with TV's, the $800.00 microwave he bought in 1979, his $300.00 GPS with 1/2 the features of the new ones he bought, It happens with anything.

There is a price one pays for getting it first.

People should know this.

Yeah, it stings, but be realistic, grab another & be cool.

The damned things will be banned soon enough, now we all can stock up before hand.

Some people aren't being fair to Mike here.

At least he's not having them made in China.

You hit the nail on the head!!

Damn, hasn't anyone who's pissed ever bought a VCR or DVD player?

My Pops paid $400 for each when they first came out. Now they cost $40.00.

The only thing the guy has ever bought that this didn't happen to is his Bose surround system.

This is just part of being an early adopter.

It happens with TV's, the $800.00 microwave he bought in 1979, his $300.00 GPS with 1/2 the features of the new ones he bought, It happens with anything.

There is a price one pays for getting it first.

People should know this.

Yeah, it stings, but be realistic, grab another & be cool.

The damned things will be banned soon enough, now we all can stock up before hand.

Some people aren't being fair to Mike here.

At least he's not having them made in China.

You hit the nail on the head!!

Im going to use that as my sign line........."At least there not made in CHINA!!!!! well said....027.gif

I say to all the cry babys out there that are bitching about what they paid. Sell yours then, i'm sure your find another smuck that doesn't know what they go for and get your money back. Shit you can't make everyone happy all the time. Me i'm gathering up my funds to order 2-3 more drums this week. I know what i paid for the first two and so what, they are awesome and i would have kept paying that knowing i was buying a quality product.

Man, this is starting to sound like it did back when the ship dates were getting bitched about.

Hey Mike , how about for all the guys bitch'n about what they paid in the past your raise theirs to $400 so they feel better about what their drums are worth. LOL

• Like 1

I may just have to have another package sent to Pennsylvania... LOL :up:

Just remember to address it

Scoutjoe

762 Pennsyltucky Lane

:smoke:

All i know is that RAA better not start selling S-12's at $250 or everyone will start bitching. :rolleyes:

Holy cow pies.... glad to see that you're still around. That and the shitstorm that would fall out from a $250 price tag...

I was one of the first ten people to order from Mike when the drum first came out.......... I was happy with the price back then when I bought them, and I'm happy with it now......

Mike went through a world of shit from almost everyone when he decided to produce the drum......That was back in the day when even saying the word "drum" on this forum was a huge ass no-no.....Mike was determined and busted his ass, at considerable risk, to bring this drum to Saiga owners........

Reducing the price now, for whatever reasons, will be good for the Saiga community overall, and is a business decision made at Mikes discretion. IT IS WHAT IT IS, and I support Mike.......who has made an extremely significant contribution to us who own Saiga-12's, and will make more as time goes along !!

Slamming him now because of this is really chickenshit.........

Keep on kickin' ass, Mike !!

My $.02

I'll add $.02 to that, if we keep going we can buy a another drum :super:

To all the people bitching, nobody made you buy, we all knew that eventually there would be competition, besides if the company competing with MD arms keeps up with their wonderful quality.... :ded:

People that bought a bunch of these gambled on the idea that they would be another AWB and these would skyrocket in value.

They took a gamble and they lost, sucks, but I'm glad they are backing off on a new AWB atleast for now. :super:

I welcome the new lower prices, and I hope S12s drop in price too. :smoke:

Sold one of my extra drums to a buddy for $200 the day before the sale went down. Called him back the next day to tell him the new price is $120 and that I owed him eighty bucks. He appreciated and was excited about it. Point is, sometimes money is just money. The important thing is a lot more people are going to be able to enjoy these drums now and anyone that wants them will be able to get as many as they want at a very affordable price.

Zach

KROSS

• Like 1

I agree, at my last 3gun match I was rockin the MD20, and it ran flawless.

I had a few guys expecting me to be clearing jams all day, finding out I was running better than they were with their FN's and benelli's.

I ran acrost two S12's with the factory stock running the surefire mags, I know I helped sell a few of the MD20's. :super:

$260 was a bit high IMO, but due to the fact they were the only choice, you needed atleast one, the only reason I bought one was the half now, then the other half two months later deal for the pre order. :super:

@130 shipped, they are just a great deal, I really want atleast one spare now... I have been trying to figure out how to afford it in my tight budget...

And I bought 10 or 12 AGP mags @ $50 each, I wanted to be sure I had enough spares incase of another AWB, I gambled, and lost value, but hell I still have lots of spare mags.

But I did not buy for an investment, I bought because I wanted to be sure I would be ok. :smoke: