New LOW Price on the MD-20 from MD Arms, Ltd.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't mind having pre ordered and paid about $250 waiting thru the delays and helping mike get his company off the ground only to have him turn around and drop the price to $120. No I'm fine with th

Hi, I wanted to break some news here to everyone. Due to a new comer entering the Saiga-12 drum market soon... We are lowering the price of our drum, the MD-20 to $120. You read that right, $120!!

his drum is the best and he deserves to be able to charge whatever he wants. period. i hope he made a billion for bringing us this incredible drum. :dollar: at least he took care of his vendors and customers which is more than you can say for agp with their little bullshit fiasco. im in for 2 tomorrow if there are any left!! pay no attention to the haters. (and yes i also paid 260 for my drums and still consider it money well spent) way to go mike :super:

My only gripe if any is that the only time we hear from Mike, Tony, or a lot of the Business members that started out as members, is when they release a new product. That statement isn't completely true, but back in the day I learned a lot from what Tony had to post about functional issues. Mike by now has to have a lot under his belt to offer other than his products. I'd just like to see all of our business members, not just a few these days, venture out of their section and just talk about gun stuffwink.gif As for the price, that's for him to set. He's not hosing anyone-this guy put his house and business up at one point to get this project to production and he needed to recoupe that expense. If by now he's in the black and can afford to lower his price, that's A) his business, and good for new and repeat buyers. Funny, I don't see anybody bitching about ammo prices coming downwacko.gif

Edited by 6500rpm

Henry Ford lowered the price of the Model T every year it was in production. Originally just over $800 it was less than $300 when the last were produced. If you don't understand that creating a product is a LOT more expensive than improving the manufacturing process than you are an IDIOT! The original asking price for MD's drum was more than fair. The new price is outstanding! No one is getting screwed,this is progress and good business practice

For those of you who still think you are getting screwed... I challenge your retarded ass to do better, cheaper, Otherwise STFU!

• Like 2

Obake, i must see more of your avator!!!! Shit everytime i scroll down a post and hit one of yours i lock up looking at it for like 20 minutes. LOL

Someone posted a video link in one of the topics found in our fight club section. She is quite the dirty slut.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=49510

Edited by obake

Obake, i must see more of your avator!!!! Shit everytime i scroll down a post and hit one of yours i lock up looking at it for like 20 minutes. LOL

Someone posted a video link in one of the topics found in our fight club section. She is quite the dirty slut.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=49510

Password protected???? That's just mean :rolleyes:

Looks like MAA and CSS both still have the MD-20 drums listed for around $260.00. What's going on there?

Someone will buy them.

Just like people buy them for $300.00 on gunbroker.

Drums, as we see in this thread, are impulse buys a lot of times.

Edited by Paulyski

I ordered two mags from Mike Saturday night. Then he sent out an email to those on his email list. Then, I got a call from him saying my order for two drums was going to be $120 instead of $260. I told him to send me three. We both win! Yee Haa! Oh, I forgot: I asked him about the doublestacks. MIke's reply: maybe in Spring. (we all know it takes work to ramp up a production line) :super:

Ken in SC

Here is the email from Mike:

Hi, I wanted to break some news to everyone. Due to a new comer entering the Saiga-12 drum market soon... We are lowering the price of our drum, the MD-20 to $120. You read that right, $120!!! The price will go into effect 01-26-10 at noon, Eastern time. That is less than 12 hours away. Our new competitor is not know for quality products but we felt this is something we must still do. Not only to ensure a competitive edge but to better ensure your money is well spent! From what I'm hearing, our new $120 price point will still make our drum the most affordable drum on the market. That with our proven design and reputation for reliability should keep MD Arms, Ltd by far the best choice for a saiga-12 drum mag. I could be wrong but I highly doubt the new guys are making a better mouse trap! I will post more on this tomorrow prior to Noon. We will be contacting our stocking dealers tomorrow as well to work out something on stock still held. We will be offering customers that have ordered in the past 30 days something as well. We will be opening up sales to new stocking dealers as well and will have those details in the next few days.

I want to apologize and thank everyone that paid more for one in the past. This was out of our control. But we feel the ultimate outcome from this will make up for it in time. We hope you will all help us spread the word on our new low price on our proven quality product!

Thanks Everyone! MikeD

Edited by kencrawleysc

OH, hell f#ckin' yeah!!! I've wanted a drum SOO bad, and knew that MD's was the only one for me, but I'm a broke and cheap gimp and I just couldn't justify spending half as much as I spent on the gun itself on a drum mag, even though it is ridiculously cool. This is still going to sting a little with my lack of funds, but at half of the original price, I just CAN'T resist this! Thank you Mike, you are my hero! And I'll love and pay you even more when you're doublestacks(and magwell!) are out(SOON?!... please?)!

PS - Does anyone know if the drums will work with MD's soon(hopefully!) to be released magwell? I thought I read somewhere that they won't be compatible, but I just re-read his magwell and doublestack mag threads, and didn't find an answer. Anybody know about this, anyone, Bueller...?

• Like 1

Hi, I wanted to break some news here to everyone. Due to a new comer entering the Saiga-12 drum market soon... We are lowering the price of our drum, the MD-20 to $120. You read that right, $120!!! The price will go into effect 01-26-10 at noon, Eastern time. That is less than 12 hours away. Our new competitor is not know for quality products but we felt this is something we must still do. Not only to ensure a competitive edge but to better ensure your money is well spent! From what I'm hearing, our new $120 price point will still make our drum the most affordable drum on the market. That with our proven design and reputation for reliability should keep MD Arms, Ltd by far the best choice for a saiga-12 drum mag. I could be wrong but I highly doubt the new guys are making a better mouse trap! I will post more on this tomorrow prior to Noon. We will be contacting our stocking dealers tomorrow as well to work out something on stock still held. We will be offering customers that have ordered in the past 30 days something as well. We will be opening up sales to new stocking dealers as well and will have those details in the next few days.

I want to apologize and thank everyone that paid more for one in the past. This was out of our control. But we feel the ultimate outcome from this will make up for it in time. We hope you will all help us spread the word on our new low price on our proven quality product! Thanks Everyone! MikeD

I just bought a MD-20 Drum last week from Carolina Shooters Supply for the full $260. What will you be offering for the customers that have ordered in the past 30 days?

Hello

Well, I guess I feel better..Instead of having a thousand dollars worth of drums that won't cycle the thousands of rounds of defensive 2-3/4" Federal ammo I've stashed, now I have only four hundred and eighty dollars worth of drums that won't cycle......

-Whew! That's much better.

I'm not whining about the price drop, I just feel like this would have been good info to have prior to a "pre-buy"......

I'm still waiting for the double stacks, and hopefully, any similar issues will be resolved.......

Respectfully,

guido

Hello

Well, I guess I feel better..Instead of having a thousand dollars worth of drums that won't cycle the thousands of rounds of defensive 2-3/4" Federal ammo I've stashed, now I have only four hundred and eighty dollars worth of drums that won't cycle......

I'm not whining about the price drop, I just feel like this would have been good info to have prior to a "pre-buy"......

I'm still waiting for the double stacks, and hopefully, any similar issues will be resolved.......

Respectfully,

guido

Guido, What are the exact Federal rounds you are speaking of? They should cycle just fine. Are you using a factory gas plug?

And here is probably the best question I have for you... Why am I just now hearing about this??? Puzzling!

Hello, Mike

I thought this was old news...It was originally circulated when the drums first came out.

The loads in question are Federal "L/E Full Power Flite Control 00 Buck". They weren't functioning when the drums first came out, there was discussion about adjusting and modifying stuff to get various shells to cycle, but I sort of dropped off the list for a while. I don't know if a fix has been implemented. I have the new springs and the Gunfixer plugs, but to be honest, I never tried the drums since I coudn't get the them to work with these shells many moons ago.

-I'm not trying to slam you about this, maybe it's all my fault for not keeping up with things, but I suppose I'm a bit sour that my favorite shells won't run in these drums.

I posted the question earlier in this thread whether a fix has been developed for this problem, one forum member responded that placing washers between the cover and the drum body allowed the shells to move through the drum. I may try that "fix", but I was hoping maybe something a bit more "engineered" maybe had transpired.

Respectfully,

guido

Hello

Respectfully,

guido

Guido, What are the exact Federal rounds you are speaking of? They should cycle just fine. Are you using a factory gas plug?

And here is probably the best question I have for you... Why am I just now hearing about this??? Puzzling!

Hello, Mike

I thought this was old news...It was originally circulated when the drums first came out.

The loads in question are Federal "L/E Full Power Flite Control 00 Buck". They weren't functioning when the drums first came out, there was discussion about adjusting and modifying stuff to get various shells to cycle, but I sort of dropped off the list for a while. I don't know if a fix has been implemented. I have the new springs and the Gunfixer plugs, but to be honest, I never tried the drums since I coudn't get the them to work with these shells many moons ago.

-I'm not trying to slam you about this, maybe it's all my fault for not keeping up with things, but I suppose I'm a bit sour that my favorite shells won't run in these drums.

I posted the question earlier in this thread whether a fix has been developed for this problem, one forum member responded that placing washers between the cover and the drum body allowed the shells to move through the drum. I may try that "fix", but I was hoping maybe something a bit more "engineered" maybe had transpired.

Respectfully,

guido

Hello

Respectfully,

guido

Guido, Give them a try with the new plug. You will be good to go. I never changed the spring and scraped the idea. I fixed through better gas control. It was a much better fix with zero ill effects and actually added benefit no matter what mags you use. The stronger spring worked but it caused too much drag when using low power ammo, it was trading a problem for another. Who wants to adjust a spring back and forth. The washer thing you heard spoke of was someone's idea to get longer shell to fit the drum, like roll crimped Wolf... The shells you are speaking of only needs better gas control from your gun. They was one of the more problematic rounds we tested. Try the new plug, I promise you will be good to go with reliability you can stack your loved ones' lives on. Please give me a follow up once you get a chance.

• Like 1

Thanks, Mike

I'll let you know when I get a chance to test it. I suppose I should have PM'd you.

In the meantime I'm still looking forward to those fat stick mag's...Got some 3" shells I've been wanting to load up in hi-cap mode.

Respectfully,

guido

Hello, Mike

Respectfully,

guido

Hello

Respectfully,

guido

Guido, Give them a try with the new plug. You will be good to go. I never changed the spring and scraped the idea. I fixed through better gas control. It was a much better fix with zero ill effects and actually added benefit no matter what mags you use. The stronger spring worked but it caused too much drag when using low power ammo, it was trading a problem for another. Who wants to adjust a spring back and forth. The washer thing you heard spoke of was someone's idea to get longer shell to fit the drum, like roll crimped Wolf... The shells you are speaking of only needs better gas control from your gun. They was one of the more problematic rounds we tested. Try the new plug, I promise you will be good to go with reliability you can stack your loved ones' lives on. Please give me a follow up once you get a chance.

I've been pursuing different firearm interests (.223) of late; just read about the price drop.

I was going to buy one before, but now I'll get two! Is the gas plug a necessity, my rig runs 100% now.

MD arms, after reading about your customer support/ product quality/ ingenious magazine concepts; you've got a customer for life!

Now come out with the FLASHY MULTI ROUND CAPABLE BOX MAGAZINES

**Edited to not have my bejesus chain yanked**

Edited by Azmond

. . . Now come out with the high capacity magazines!

Oh god. . . you used the phrase "high capacity mags". . . Nanolith should be coming along any moment to yank the bejesus on your chain.

Dude, like the MD-20 drum is "the answer."

BTW, just what the hell is that squirrel doing to the other squirrel, in your avatar???? Looks FUBAR to me. Forget it; I don't think I want to know.

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

Hi, I wanted to break some news here to everyone. Due to a new comer entering the Saiga-12 drum market soon... We are lowering the price of our drum, the MD-20 to $120. You read that right, $120!!! The price will go into effect 01-26-10 at noon, Eastern time. That is less than 12 hours away. Our new competitor is not know for quality products but we felt this is something we must still do. Not only to ensure a competitive edge but to better ensure your money is well spent! From what I'm hearing, our new $120 price point will still make our drum the most affordable drum on the market. That with our proven design and reputation for reliability should keep MD Arms, Ltd by far the best choice for a saiga-12 drum mag. I could be wrong but I highly doubt the new guys are making a better mouse trap! I will post more on this tomorrow prior to Noon. We will be contacting our stocking dealers tomorrow as well to work out something on stock still held. We will be offering customers that have ordered in the past 30 days something as well. We will be opening up sales to new stocking dealers as well and will have those details in the next few days.

I want to apologize and thank everyone that paid more for one in the past. This was out of our control. But we feel the ultimate outcome from this will make up for it in time. We hope you will all help us spread the word on our new low price on our proven quality product! Thanks Everyone! MikeD

I just bought a MD-20 Drum last week from Carolina Shooters Supply for the full $260. What will you be offering for the customers that have ordered in the past 30 days?

Ijust noticed that CSS no longer has the MD-20 for sale. I wonder if I got the dubious honor of buying the last drum at full price? :-(

• Like 1

I still have many left, but have removed them from my site for now. I paid much more for them than what they are now selling for and I can not sell them at that big of a loss. Call me if you would like to return it to me. Some things are out of my control.

• Like 6

Man that really sucks Greg. I'm sorry to hear you are getting such a bad deal here. I can only hope for your sake, and for my other brothers who stocked up the drums to bring everyone here easy access to them, that Mike does you and them a whole lot better than Kevin did when he started liquidating AGP mags and left Max and everyone else holding the bag...

This is what he said in his initial statement 3 days ago...

"We will be contacting our stocking dealers tomorrow as well to work out something on stock still held."

You dealers should be reimbursed all the money you have in em, plus a little extra for your trouble.

• Like 4