New LOW Price on the MD-20 from MD Arms, Ltd.

Without trying to be too harsh on anyone here, those who claim to have "made" Mike and MD Arms what they are today: no you didn't.

Mike did. He had a plan, took the risks, and did all the heavy lifting. If he succeeded, it's because his products worked as advertised. Very few people out there that I know of will support a company that turns out shoddy goods just because they have money to throw away.

When you put your credit and livelihood on the line, conduct the marketing, and put in the endless hours it takes to make a small business succeed, then you can say you made someone who they are today, but until then, let us give credit where credit is due.

You win some and you lose some. As someone noted, just buy more drums and bring your per unit cost down! It's not like anyone can ever have enough mags/drums anyway!

• Like 1
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't mind having pre ordered and paid about $250 waiting thru the delays and helping mike get his company off the ground only to have him turn around and drop the price to $120. No I'm fine with th

Hi, I wanted to break some news here to everyone. Due to a new comer entering the Saiga-12 drum market soon... We are lowering the price of our drum, the MD-20 to $120. You read that right, $120!!

im going to throw my 2 cents in for all the haters. shut the hell up you were fine with paying what you did for your drum before the price drop, so stop bitching if it wasnt for md arms you would still be trying to get your wm working. now the guy has an opportunity to cut some slack on the price and you bitch, just shut the hell up and enjoy your drum.

• Like 3

Holy Crap!!!!! THAT WAS FAST!!!!

12:48 Placed order

1:14 Order receipt sent

1:14 Order status changed to paid

2:27 Order status changed to shiped

2:50 Received tracking number and delivery date from UPS (Jan 29)

Each a separate E-Mail What great communication

DAMNED STRAIGHT! Mike made MDArms & the MD20... No one else.:super:

He made it all possible, he did all the work, he R&Dd, produced, marketed and delivered the one & only drum that is awesomely reliable.

He supports this site and provides a great product & excellent customer service.

He is continuing to attempt to provide what we desire, with his work on double stack box mags.

All you ungrateful lil'bitches, bitching and whining, STFU!

Some say he didn't drop the price after recouping R&D, initial costs for machinery/material... So what if he didn't? STFU!

WTF do you think is paying R&D for double stack mags? STFU!

Capitalism, Mike's pricing was capitalism at it's finest, exactly as it should work and is still working.

I was happy to pay $260.00 for the product I desired, I'm now much happier to pay 2/3rds less for that product.

Mike you compete, you compete hard and stay in business, fuck these whiners.

Thank you Mike, you keep doing what your doing , I'm eagerly awaiting your Double Stacks. :smoke:

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

Without trying to be too harsh on anyone here, those who claim to have "made" Mike and MD Arms what they are today: no you didn't.

Mike did. He had a plan, took the risks, and did all the heavy lifting. If he succeeded, it's because his products worked as advertised. Very few people out there that I know of will support a company that turns out shoddy goods just because they have money to throw away.

When you put your credit and livelihood on the line, conduct the marketing, and put in the endless hours it takes to make a small business succeed, then you can say you made someone who they are today, but until then, let us give credit where credit is due.

You win some and you lose some. As someone noted, just buy more drums and bring your per unit cost down! It's not like anyone can ever have enough mags/drums anyway!

My customer's for my business put me where I'am today, without them I would be nowhere. My work/credit/tools/my employee's and my livelihood is useless without customers and loyal returning customers.

As I stated motopilot1, I'am still happy with all 3 of my drum's and will support MDarms in the future. No hating here, So you can have you 2 penney's back. :haha:

Thanks for the post Mike--mine is one of those pending orders you will have in your inbox when you go to work tomorrow!.

It would be interesting to see what your sales increase is this week compared to last week--I think I saw 350 some drums available...I hope you're in a production swing, I bet they don't last long!

Edited by desertloper

I got my MD 20s on the first pre-order. I paid my money and I waited for them and I am glad as hell that I did.

Suppose our nightmare of the "gun control president" had come true and Saigas were declared DDs. The market dries up and Mike is left up shit creek because he put himself on the line to bring us this product. Suppose prices for MD-20s then shot up to $500+. Would you guys who bought six at $180 be bitching? No, you'd be cashing in, and Mike would be holding the bill. If you guys thought they were too expensive, you would not have bought them unless you were speculating on such an outcome. If you did not think they were too expensive (that is, they were within your cost/benefit parameters at the time of purchase) then you have nothing to bitch about.

All this does is reinforce the notion that A) Mike brought the best product to market, cool.gif took all the risks necessary to do so and C) wants his product to remain viable without being undercut by some bullshit wannabes.If you spent hundreds of hours designing and testing a product and invesnted thousands upon thousands of dollars to bring it to market, you'd probably want to reap the benefits, huh?

Mike has brought great products to market, and I, for one, am grateful he had the balls and brains to do so. The MD-20 is awesome and will hopefully be in more widespread distribution. I can't wait for the doublestack mags to get here, and I am sure they will dominate yet another (MD created) market segment. Bottom line: this price drop was inevitable. There is a limited market for $200+ magazines and a limited number of each that a given buyer wants. If Mike can get more people into the market for drums by lowering the price and increase the number people can stomach buying by the same action, he is doing all of us a long-term favor. I, for one, will be buying several more, and they are the only mags I'll buy until the DS mags are available.

And with all due respect to Cameron (and that is a lot) he also had to lower prices because of competition. It just so happens that there has not been a real competitior for Mike until now, and he is responding in kind.

Edited by stiletto raggio
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone here is disputing Mike's hard work and the extensive cost of R&D. I'm also quite sure that everyone here knows how capitalism works. None of that is in question. What I believe is being questioned here is Mike's integrity as a business person. As we all know, this business is based on trust and relationships. Sure Mike needed the $250.00+ per drum to pay for his initial costs. But when the price is lowered so dramatically and without hesitation, one would tend to think that everyone was being severely overcharged for awhile. Which unfortunately is going to make some people question Mike's integrity in the future. I understand why Mike is lowering his price. I'm also sure that almost every person here would have charged as much as they could for as long as they could. But it is truly disappointing to find out how much the drums are really worth when you already paid so much. I paid $230.00 for my first drum, and because of the quality and price I'll buy more at $120.00. I also wish Mike continued success and thank him for being a contributing member to the board.

• Like 2

I just wrote a nice thank you letter to the competitor who entered the market, causing the price drop from MD Arms.

I wrote: "Thank you, Sir, for entering into competition with MD Arms for the drum market. Their reaction to your entrance into the drum market was to drop the price on the drum they manufacture. I can now afford to buy one of their drums.

Again, thank you for competing with MD Arms."

Hilarious !

My customer's for my business put me where I'am today, without them I would be nowhere. My work/credit/tools/my employee's and my livelihood is useless without customers and loyal returning customers.

As I stated motopilot1, I'am still happy with all 3 of my drum's and will support MDarms in the future. No hating here, So you can have you 2 penney's back. :haha:

I detected no hatred on your part, but feel you were unnecessarily harsh on Mike by saying this decision was a "slap in the face."

Companies make decisions based upon the business climate and conditions.

So unless you've never lowered your prices to attract business and/or have personally given each and every one of your customers a refund every time someone else got a better deal from you, I'm more than happy to let you keep my two pennies.

I was going to buy several Surefires. Mike I hope your ready for the demand. I hope there will be some of the 500 left in the next week or two when I will finally have enough money. If your mad be mad at yourself for not being a wise consumer. Its the gun market stuff like this happens. I know this and Im only 20 and bought my first gun(my saiga 12)in Dec. Any money he may have made I am sure a majority of it went back into making more affordable quality products for us.

Its capitalism... Timing is EVERYTHING. If you don't like it take your saiga and join Obama's Bolshevik army.

Damn, hasn't anyone who's pissed ever bought a VCR or DVD player?

My Pops paid $400 for each when they first came out. Now they cost $40.00.

The only thing the guy has ever bought that this didn't happen to is his Bose surround system.

This is just part of being an early adopter.

It happens with TV's, the $800.00 microwave he bought in 1979, his $300.00 GPS with 1/2 the features of the new ones he bought, It happens with anything.

There is a price one pays for getting it first.

People should know this.

Yeah, it stings, but be realistic, grab another & be cool.

The damned things will be banned soon enough, now we all can stock up before hand.

Some people aren't being fair to Mike here.

At least he's not having them made in China.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone here is disputing Mike's hard work and the extensive cost of R&D. I'm also quite sure that everyone here knows how capitalism works. None of that is in question. What I believe is being questioned here is Mike's integrity as a business person. As we all know, this business is based on trust and relationships. Sure Mike needed the $250.00+ per drum to pay for his initial costs. But when the price is lowered so dramatically and without hesitation, one would tend to think that everyone was being severely overcharged for awhile. Which unfortunately is going to make some people question Mike's integrity in the future. I understand why Mike is lowering his price. I'm also sure that almost every person here would have charged as much as they could for as long as they could. But it is truly disappointing to find out how much the drums are really worth when you already paid so much. I paid $230.00 for my first drum, and because of the quality and price I'll buy more at $120.00. I also wish Mike continued success and thank him for being a contributing member to the board.

Screw that, people paid what they were willing and able to pay, plenty chose not to buy.

Overcharged? Bullshit, all the associated costs, R&D on new products and making profit he could live on.

Mike charged and we paid what the market would bear.

The drums were worth every penny of $260.00.

Now due to competition, in order to survive/compete, Mike is forced to lower prices comparable to the competition.

You really think he is going to make a decent profit at this new price?

Dramatically & without hesitation? Get real, up front and straight dealing.

Mike's integrity is in question? WTF!?!? Only by those who're clueless.

This is really getting ass'inine and pissing me off... I'm done with it.

Mike D drops his drum price down to less than half of what it was and still some people complain. :rolleyes:

I swear, some of y'all'd bitch if you was hanged with a new rope! :D

People who buy products when they're brand new always pay more!! That's the way the market works! E.g.: have ya bothered to consider how much Blueray players cost now as compared to what they cost a few years ago?

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

He could have kept them at $260 and continued to make a higher profit. It's not like Promag is going to hurt his business that much. A few will buy the Promag drum and it will likely be a pile of shit. We would have still paid the $260 for the superior product.

Crying over spilled milk!

licking-up-spilled-milk.jpg

Edited by obake
  • Like 3

Mike D drops his drum price down to less than half of what it was and still some people complain. :rolleyes:

I swear, some of y'all'd bitch if you was hanged with a new rope! :D

Silly boy, couldn't you guess?

Bitchin's what Bitches do best!

I've read enough of the "I support capitalism" and "I support the free market" comments followed by complaining of overcharging. In a capitalist, free market it is nearly impossible to overcharge. A free market is not based on what is a "reasonable" profit margin. It's based on what the market (customers) will pay. If a customer pays $260 for a product then that is at least what it is worth to them. If it was worth less they would not pay. I am one who was not willing to pay $260 for the drum. The cost versus benefit was not great enough for me to spend that. Others felt differently and paid the price.

Now there is a competitor at a much lower price. So in a free market that means prices on similar products must fall OR provide a substantially better product. I suspect MD Arms has both of those but we'll see how the ProMag drums are. Regardless, that's how the market works. Prices aren't set by what it costs to bring a product to market or what it costs to manufacture. That would just be stupid. Products are priced according to what the market is willing to pay. MD Arms charged $260 and sold plenty. Why would they drop the price in that situation? It's not the duty of a business to make as little money as possible. What did you think these drums cost to make?

I will bet Cameron's quad rail costs a lot more to make than the MD Arms drum and it's half the price. At least one of those reasons is competition. Cameron has it and MD Arms, for all intents and purposes, didn't. Now they do and the price drops. That's how the free market works. So enough of the whining about how you overpaid. No one forced you to pay what you did. This is not a life necessity. You determined it was worth the money and you paid it. I understand that you would have rather paid less. I get the frustration. But don't get all high and mighty about how you made MD Arms what it is. MD Arms owes you nothing more than a good product at a price you are willing to pay. They did that and now they're pricing it to bring even more customers in and be competitive. Frankly I think they should have lowered the price long ago to get more sales but maybe that would not have been more profitable. I don't know if they ever tested the price to see if the increased sales meant more profit. That's not my business, it's theirs. I think MD Arms will benefit from this move and I hope they continue to make great products at a price that the free market will bear.

• Like 1

Plus, as Mike said in his opening statement, he is going the extra mile to make the people who purchased one in the last 30 days feel a little better about their purchase (which was a good deal anyway). He doesn't have to do that but it's well appreciated.

Let me check my receipt...Oh, order date: 12/28/09. Just under 30 days:)

Thanks, Mike for making a great product and being a great business man.

Jim

He could have kept them at $260 and continued to make a higher profit. It's not like Promag is going to hurt his business that much. A few will buy the Promag drum and it will likely be a pile of shit. We would have still paid the $260 for the superior product.

Crying over spilled milk!

licking-up-spilled-milk.jpg

I'm sorry Obake...I have no idea what you said.

I just can't stop looking at that picture :eek:

Edited by billyjoebob

Screw that, people paid what they were willing and able to pay, plenty chose not to buy.

Overcharged? Bullshit, all the associated costs, R&D on new products and making profit he could live on.

Mike charged and we paid what the market would bear.

The drums were worth every penny of $260.00.

Now due to competition, in order to survive/compete, Mike is forced to lower prices comparable to the competition.

You really think he is going to make a decent profit at this new price?

Dramatically & without hesitation? Get real, up front and straight dealing.

Mike's integrity is in question? WTF!?!? Only by those who're clueless.

This is really getting ass'inine and pissing me off... I'm done with it.

Dude where did you stop reading my post or can you read? I was merely explaining what others are possibly feeling. Sure I am slightly disappointed, but I don't hold anything against Mike for how he handled this.

You need to get a hold of your emotions or learn how to read.