the great gains in velocity come from slower burning powders.....

if you load up 2 rounds of 10mm......

one with a max load od power pistol, and one with a max load of blue dot....say in 155, 165gr.....

the power pistol would be hotter out of the g20, or delta, but the other would gain more and be a better performer out of a 16"

look at the loads and powders...the 2400 in 44 or 357 mag...you can use 2400 in some 10mm loads...it would prolly work good in a long barrel....

a 220gr 10mm bullet to almost 2000fps and about 1750ft/lbs...

I'd love to see this too, but I've never seen anyone come remotely close to these numbers. Try this link to see what other have been able to get from a longer barrel with hand loads:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918942

Meant to say 200gr ace, sorry....Please realize that at the time when I was going to purchase one of these (and I'm not, the company who builds them sucks), the manufacturer swore up and down that it could handle +p loads. I don't know if you roll your own, but the "data" listed at that link is no where near the data I've collected on my own.....

That came directly from Mech-Techs equation used on a load that I currently use for 200gr.

I have pretty much left this project in the dust, I was going to get a 10mm barrel for my MGI AR "build" but loading 300 fireball is still cheaper then loading 10mm.

I can't say I'm too fond of the Feather carbine. A coworker asked me if I could work over his 9mm Feather due to rampant fail-to-feed issues. After a week of tuning and polishing, I never could get the gun to fire a full stick of ammo without at least 2 failures. He had a brand new Feather factory 30 round mag still sealed in the Feather plastic bag that was so loose in the magwell that it rattled back and forth over 1/4" and would not feed at all. Latches, sights, and other connections on the gun were flimsy plastic. The Feather is a true discount-bin POS and I wouldn't own one on a bet.

I found this over at the Beretta forum a while back and thought I'd put it out there. Beretta CX4 Storm, (9mm,.40, and .45 available). This one was short barreled and looks to be a nice compact weapon. They seem to be good quality and I know from a local news report that the St Louis PD has choosen them in some degree as they were used as entry weapons at a plant shooting.

post-1866-12727331028338_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I too am a fan of 10mm and had a M-16 that I had a upper in 10mm for. On full auto it was a hand full, on semi it was a fair carbine. The mags were modified grease gun mags and 30 rounders were all I could get. This made it a bit unwieldy and there was a problem with splitting cases when using non-FBI spec ammo.

I would be interested in a good 10mm carbine, if it would work on Glock mags even better.

I can't say I'm too fond of the Feather carbine. A coworker asked me if I could work over his 9mm Feather due to rampant fail-to-feed issues. After a week of tuning and polishing, I never could get the gun to fire a full stick of ammo without at least 2 failures. He had a brand new Feather factory 30 round mag still sealed in the Feather plastic bag that was so loose in the magwell that it rattled back and forth over 1/4" and would not feed at all. Latches, sights, and other connections on the gun were flimsy plastic. The Feather is a true discount-bin POS and I wouldn't own one on a bet.

+1

I have only handled a Feather AT9 once in-store, but I found the exact same thing about the magazine; it had about a quarter inch of forward-back play in the well. However, due to friction on the sides, it was damn hard to remove or insert. Also, the first time I tried pulling the buttstock out, the latch failed to grab the stock in the extended position and it came completely off the gun. Looks like crap, smells like crap.

I have an Uzi, they were never made in 10mm though. But as this SMG has been converted into many calibers this is a conversion that I have thought of before. The barrel is easy, just rechamber an old .41 AE barrel, then figure out which mag to use.

Um, I'd just like to point out that the .41 AE takes an actual .410 bullet, same as the .41 Remington Magnum, NOT a .400 bullet like the 10mm Auto.

Just an FYI....D-Max made a 10mm carbine back in the early 90's. The magazine hung out the side of the receiver like a Sten.

Tony

Pics? Any still out there, or was it just a small run? Any personal experience with them? I'd love to get my hands on some of the mags to mod for my G20.... :angel:

Just an FYI....D-Max made a 10mm carbine back in the early 90's. The magazine hung out the side of the receiver like a Sten.

Tony

Pics? Any still out there, or was it just a small run? Any personal experience with them? I'd love to get my hands on some of the mags to mod for my G20.... :angel:

I don't have any pics. They did not make very many of them, but I saw one at Nagels gun shop in San Antonio in about 1993 and another at the Firing Line in Wyondotte, OK about 2 years ago. It is probably one of those guns that is very rare, but not all that scarce since owners tend to sell them. Kinda like a Herters .401 Powermag or a Cobray Slam Fire shotgun. There is a big difference between a gun being rare and one being scarce. Those three guns are rare but not scarce, versus a Remington 1100 LEFT HAND 20 gauge. That gun is not all that rare, but is extremely scarce. Guys that own them, don't sell them.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Bvamp, I've shot the Kel-Tec before, it's fun! but it just doesn't seem all that durable (I could be wrong). Glaser 115gr saftey slug comes out of a Glock 20 right around 1600fps so it would probably come out of a 16" barrel at about 2200 to 2300fps :eek:

well, considering you cant fold or unfold it with a loaded mag in it without breaking it, its not real durable I dont think, BUT it will fit under the frlont seat of your car....try doing that with another carbine....

Kel-tec su16d will fit under yer seat... but id say go with the su-16c cause i think thatll fit too...

• 4 months later...

Though they're 9mm, I've owned both a Feather AT9 and a SUB-9 (back when they made the receivers out of metal). Neither has ever given me problems with the exception of the AT-9 once when using a friend's Feather mag (I only use modded Uzi mags for mine). The Feather mag had a sloppy fit and gave FTF several times. The wire stock is flimsy IMO, but works OK.

I haven't messed with the new Kel Tecs, but I'm pretty sure I could keep a loaded mag in mine while folded and open it without any problems. Obviously, you'd have to chamber a round after opening it.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin
  • 3 months later...

Remember that crew in Flint who were hitting all the Liquor stores on Saginaw St. like 1999, 2000 something like that? Every Crime Stoppers commercial had a guy waving around a Feather AT-9 on surveillance footage.

I always thought a Calico would make a nice PCC, if they ran right(?). The Bakersfield, CA SWAT team used their SMG. They even come in .40. Load Sunday, shoot all week. Looks like kind of a complicated mechanism but far less so than the FN 5.7 carbine/PDW

Someday when I get some money an A5 Thompson pistol will be mine, maybe AOWed with the front PG.