New Magazine guide "ROCK-N-LOCK" for the Saiga 12

JT Engineering "ROCK-N-LOCK" Magazine guide allows you to load all Saiga 12 Magazines and Drums easily.

Magazine Guide provides a platform for fumble free loading.

Machined from solid Billet.

Installs easily in minutes.

Comes with mounting hardware.

I put this on a demo gun at it does make loading easier and it works well with the MD Drum.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-414/Saiga-12-Magazine-/Detail?sfs=39bf662 $44.95

post-9063-12645450780059_thumb.jpg

post-9063-12645450927094_thumb.jpg

post-9063-1264545104681_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

When does the video of instal and operation get posted?:)

When you get time to do it for me. :lolol:

It will be a few weeks before I can.

No worries. Maybe just a little description of how to mount this part so as to not drill holes in the receiver. On a side note...what size hole would be drilled/tapped to permanently mount this. I only ask since I have a magwell from you mounted and had to go one drill bit up in size due an error on my part. May think about this for drum use if the mood hits me.

Thanks again for a unique product being brought to market.

Eric

Edited by towerofpower93

Please forgive my ignorance but I don't understand how this little piece is going to make loading on a closed bolt any easier. I'd be thrilled to spend $45 on this thing if it would allow me to load a fully packed MD20 drum on a closed bolt without having to do cartwheels while cursing a blue streak and questioning my manhood.

Please forgive my ignorance but I don't understand how this little piece is going to make loading on a closed bolt any easier. I'd be thrilled to spend $45 on this thing if it would allow me to load a fully packed MD20 drum on a closed bolt without having to do cartwheels while cursing a blue streak and questioning my manhood.

What it does, is it gives you the proper angle and a wall/stop to hit the magazine against and then rotate back. It is designed for both the AGPs and the Surefire magazines. Please note; if you bolt is not clearanced (stock) it will make loading easier, but it is still best to have your bolt modified for easier rock "n" lock.

Definitely makes locating the magazine in the Saiga so much easy in a low light/night environment.

Best to ya,

Jack (JT Eng.)

Interesting. I wonder if this would have an added benefit in distributing recoil forces at the top of the mag and maybe reducing some of the breakages I've heard about with magnum loads.

I don't think it would. Once the mag/drum is locked in place the Rock-N-Lock doesn't contact it.

I would like to know more about this from above,

"Please note; if you bolt is not clearanced (stock) it will make loading easier, but it is still best to have your bolt modified for easier rock "n" lock."

Is there some bolt modification that can make loading with a closed bolt easier, especially with the MD20 drum?

Interesting. I wonder if this would have an added benefit in distributing recoil forces at the top of the mag and maybe reducing some of the breakages I've heard about with magnum loads.

I don't think it would. Once the mag/drum is locked in place the Rock-N-Lock doesn't contact it.

Yeah, I misread the second photo. I thought it was showing the mag locked in place but its not.

Please note: A fully loaded MD20 will not load on a closed bolt (even if you have done the bolt shaving mod) because there is not enough room in the drum to compress the shells. You will either have to insert it fully loaded on an open bolt, or download it to 19 in order to insert it on a closed bolt.

I would like to know more about this from above,

"Please note; if you bolt is not clearanced (stock) it will make loading easier, but it is still best to have your bolt modified for easier rock "n" lock."

Is there some bolt modification that can make loading with a closed bolt easier, especially with the MD20 drum?

alot of guys on this site can do the bolt mod for you. just ask around!!

I know, I know ....I'm putting on my Point Blank underwear but has anybody heard any more about the progress (if any) on the various LRBHO devices being developed, I would think that in itself would make the entire question of mag seating quite academic.

I had a similar idea, but mine was just going to be bent sheet metal and probably wider. I like this design better. I doubt mine would have worked with a drum anyway, so I'm going to want to pick one of these up.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin

I had a similar idea, but mine was just going to be bent sheet metal and probably wider. I like this design better. I doubt mine would have worked with a drum anyway, so I'g going to want to pick one of these up.

Corbin

The first design was wider with wings on the sides, but as you stated it would not work with the drum.

Please note: A fully loaded MD20 will not load on a closed bolt (even if you have done the bolt shaving mod) because there is not enough room in the drum to compress the shells. You will either have to insert it fully loaded on an open bolt, or download it to 19 in order to insert it on a closed bolt.

Works fine for me; both of my drums lock up, fully loaded, into both of my guns, albeit with a little struggle. I'll have to try it in my SBS once I can pick it up from my dealer.

• Like 1

Works fine for me; both of my drums lock up, fully loaded, into both of my guns, albeit with a little struggle. I'll have to try it in my SBS once I can pick it up from my dealer.

If I recall Mike D correctly, it's not designed to do that. If it works for you, thats great! I suspect that those who can accomplish this may be compressing your ammo a bit or maybe deforming the top round. Can you do this with slugs too?

• 1 month later...