Has anyone else avoided using the tapco original AK stock on their sai

I bought a tapco stock for a conversion but quickly realized the stock insert does not properly press against the rear trunnion like

the saiga factory stock or the kvar does. This would mean the 1mm receiver edge would bear the full recoil impulse upon firing instead of

the lower trunnion step as the design intended. It may not matter over the long run but I felt why take a chance and ordered a kvar stock.

The tapco stock does fit my Bulgarian AKM clone perfect, but my saiga does not have the same rear trunnion dimensions as my AKM clone.

Has anyone else avoided the tapco stock because of this?

5czrk2.jpg

No offence but this may a little overkill IMHO..

I ran the Poly Bulgy (RPG industries) simulated folding stock that was a bear to get into the Saiga receiver and granted the Tapco slid in with a little effort. I'd get the Romanian Wire folder if my trips into NJ wouldn't result in the JAIL visit. 005.gif

I got the Tapco for 1) matching the handguard color 2) both were CHEAP and in my budget 3) the HG didn't need a new gas-tube and lower HG retainer for mucho $$$

I was thinking maybe BLONDE wood from Iron Wood (warsaw with lightning) and Bulgy Handguards, but again the damn retainers $$$. I may just do the WOOD stock/pg and UTG/Midwest Quad rail..

May grab a 223 Saiga and try 'dress up' with it when I get my tax check... 012.gif