Anyone get their extended quad rail?

There were supposed to be shipping this week.

Anyone get one?

---------------------

I got mine today!!!!!!

Ordered on the 15th of Dec.

Fits great and actually easy to put on. The holes didn't line up exactly between upper and lower piece but enough to tighten up.

BTW, are you just hand tightening them or using loctite?

Edited by BruisedShoulder

Anyone get one?

PM Cameron, I think they were shipping soon. I have a few coming also and am glad to get them. It is an excellent product and I have a gun ready for it.

Anyone get one?

PM Cameron, I think they were shipping soon. I have a few coming also and am glad to get them. It is an excellent product and I have a gun ready for it.

He said in another thread they're already shipping. I think it was dated the 28th?

either way, I'm curious as to what you have waiting for this... you gonna post pics?

Apparently I did get mine yesterday... Fricken ninja postal service just dumped it at the door. I didn't get any traking info or shipping notice either. I noticed it this morning when I was leaving for work.

The beat the rear sight out method didn't work. So after multiple attempts to beat it free, I had to break out the dremel with grinding wheel. That took care of things and within minutes I had it installed.

Let me tell you, it looks great. I now have an extra Tri-Rail and side optic mount to get rid of.:)

Thanks Cameron!!!

19741_286100968710_816833710_3280851_4357789_n.jpg

19741_286100988710_816833710_3280852_3463815_n.jpg

19741_286101013710_816833710_3280853_2606685_n.jpg

Doesn't she look great? :wub:

Edited by Bridis

Still waiting. :angel:

need rail soon! :cryss:

Same here... hope to see it soon. Has anyone range tested it yet to see if there are any effects on functionality/cycling?

i think the only effect on functionality you will see is that your optics will hold zero for a change. there is no way the chaos rail would hinder reliability in my humble opinion. this rail puts my halo quad to shame in more ways than 1 :haha:

Got mine in. I had to reshape the key because the key slot in my receiver is a damn trapezoid instead of a rectangle. Also took some metal out of the entire front key area so the rail would sit flush at the bolt block. My rear sight was already knocked out, but I had file out of the hump on my rear sight block. My S12 was definitely on the odd end of tolerances from the factory I'm sure.

Test fire results were great. No malfunctions. Rail is great looking, light, and very well made.

Got mine yesterday!

The rear sight was a major pain in the ass!

I tried to hammer off with a punch... nothing, just made the gas tube loose...

tried lube, bigger hammer, and just hitting directly on it... nothing, gas tube just got looser. :unsure:

I finally took a dremel and cut a nice notch infront of the sight almost down to the sight block and pounded on it with a flat blade screw driver tward the muzzle... then to the side and it finally started to give.

After getting it off it almost looks like some sort loctite or epoxy under the sight...

Tube is loose as hell now :angel: but I got the rail on, and I may beable to still use the russian front sight post, I'm going to make a rear sight out of a old scope base, I may just barely get away with it.

The gun looks great, and the forward grip helps with the drum, and the overall feel of the gun for me. :super:

If you're still able to use sights, somethings not right. The extension on the rail should sit fairly close to the dust cover.

Got mine yesterday!

The rear sight was a major pain in the ass!

I tried to hammer off with a punch... nothing, just made the gas tube loose...

tried lube, bigger hammer, and just hitting directly on it... nothing, gas tube just got looser. :unsure:

I finally took a dremel and cut a nice notch infront of the sight almost down to the sight block and pounded on it with a flat blade screw driver tward the muzzle... then to the side and it finally started to give.

After getting it off it almost looks like some sort loctite or epoxy under the sight...

Tube is loose as hell now :angel: but I got the rail on, and I may beable to still use the russian front sight post, I'm going to make a rear sight out of a old scope base, I may just barely get away with it.

The gun looks great, and the forward grip helps with the drum, and the overall feel of the gun for me. :super:

:unsure:

Read where I had to hammer out my rear sight. ;)

Talking about the front barrel mounted sight, I turned the post to the top and I may just barly beable to use the front sight as irons with a very low rear sight, I plan on making one out of a scope mount.

Gotcha. It sounded like you were gonna put something else on the original block. Makes sense now. I doubt there's gonna be anything picatinny mounted that will be low enough. Would be sweet if you made it work though.

:unsure:

Read where I had to hammer out my rear sight. ;)

Talking about the front barrel mounted sight, I turned the post to the top and I may just barly beable to use the front sight as irons with a very low rear sight, I plan on making one out of a scope mount.

Is there a wait if you order one now? Thanks!

DH

Not sure, it would depend on if Cameron had any left over to put into stock. I posted this question back when he announced that they had arrived. He replied that he would have a few left over to put in stock. I mailed my pmt in that day, don't know weither he will still have some, I'll wait if I have to. Maybe PM him to see if he has any left over.

Is there a wait if you order one now? Thanks!

DH

Not sure, it would depend on if Cameron had any left over to put into stock. I posted this question back when he announced that they had arrived. He replied that he would have a few left over to put in stock. I mailed my pmt in that day, don't know weither he will still have some, I'll wait if I have to. Maybe PM him to see if he has any left over.

Yeah, I emailed him. I just sent him a PM as well, I hope to hear back from him! :) Again, thanks

DH