are 20" barreled saigas still being imported?

Wish I'd had that link a few weeks ago. 20" makes sense in .223. Helps the bullet get up to speed and speed is about all the .223 has going for it. Short barrels neuter the .223

Bob

you can always get another one to keep ur 16in happy :lolol:

Actually, the 55 Grain M193 still does pretty well from a 16" barrel. If I recall right, it only drops from 3250 FPS in a 20" to 3100 FPS in a 16" barrel. FMJ M193 will yaw and fragment reliably down to 2600 or 2700 FPS depending on maker. Wolf HPs blow up down to about 2300-2400 from what I have heard. The 62 grain M855 drops more from a short barrel than the 55 grainer. Here is a link: http://www.razoreye.net/mirror/ammo-oracle/AR15_com_Ammo_Oracle_Mirror.htm#velocity

Edited by imarangemaster
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to follow up, I was able to find a 20" 2009' model saiga in .223. It's has dimples, and no punches or divots in the front sight block and gas block. it does not appear to be a heavier style barrel than the 16" carbines.

Edited by JK-47
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased a 20" .223 This Month at the San Antonio gun show, without dimples, for $309.00 I took it and my 7.62 sagia to the range today. They both shot great. I was really pleased with them. I believe I will purchased two more in the .223 at the next gun show. I guess I better stock up before the prices start to shoot up on them.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a 20" .223 This Month at the San Antonio gun show, without dimples, for $309.00 I took it and my 7.62 sagia to the range today. They both shot great. I was really pleased with them. I believe I will purchased two more in the .223 at the next gun show. I guess I better stock up before the prices start to shoot up on them.

Which gunshow? I am in SA and looking for a 20".

buckmeister