I picked some up at a gun show a few months ago. Didn't get around to doing anything with it until recently, I got bored and paracord-wrapped my maglite, the knots at the top and bottom are called Turk's Head.

post-7166-12649034098413_thumb.jpg

Here is a bunch of bookmarks on knotting, a lot of them use paracord for the examples.

http://delicious.com/vbrtrmn/knots

Lowes carries it. I work there. It will be in the hardware department next to the chains and other rope accessories. I am going to get some camo for $12 for 100'. Check it out.

I work for Lowe's I have never seen it there. I'll check it out, maybe it's just not available in my district. I may have to try and have it added to our inventory.

Edited by obake

Lowes carries it. I work there. It will be in the hardware department next to the chains and other rope accessories. I am going to get some camo for $12 for 100'. Check it out.

I work for Lowe's I have never seen it there. I'll check it out, maybe it's just not available in my district. I may have to try and have it added to our inventory.

obake,

I was mistaken. We carry the camo rope, not paracord. It is a little thicker. I plan on getting a bundle to throw in my BOB.

I also got mine at the gun show. I think it was 100 yards for $5, but I can't remember. Attached is a picture of the method I used to wrap the stock on my S12.

DSCF1463.jpg

Hey. Thanks a bunch for posting the pic and the diagram. After reading your post, I bought some black paracord at Army Navy and did the Ace stock on my S12 and the Bulgarian triangle folder on my SGL. Pic:

post-10789-12656152288823_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered 500 feet for $26 in multicam. that's 5 cents per foot.naaaa.gif It'll go around my romanian wire folder on the 5.45, on my jeep grab handle above the glove box to have some in the jeep, and in my new OD duffle bag that will probably eventually turn into my BOB.

Edited by toshbar