Well, I decided to make a bacon bomb for dinner tonight... except I am cheating a bit... and not using.. the GRILL....

I wrapped the thing up in foil, and stuck it in the oven... after about 45 mins or so... I plan to take it out, and open it up.. ( check to see if the sausage is done...) and if so, then stick it back in under the broiler for a bit to brown and crisp the outside...

I DO have the obligatory pepper jack cheese and rolls to go with it though... everything else is true bacon bomb explosion... it just will not include the fun and exciting grease fire that accompanies the cooking on the grill outside!!

( And lets pray we dont have one INSIDE either!! HAHAHAHAHA )

:smoke:

Yeah, I have resoted to the same method of baking and broiling. I don't cover with the foil though. I just throw it in a baking pan thingy, I also flip it once, as the bottom can stay too squishy for me. Then just 5 min in the ol broiler! Who'd have thought this site could be bad for my cholesterol???

Being a Mod, I would think that you knew the rule. I thought that ifyou spoke of bacon, you must post pictures and in this case, a recipe!!:lolol:

I have had a 5 pound pork shoulder in the crockpot since early this morning. My son keeps asking me if its done yet, LOL!

Just so I don't break my own imaginary rule:

post-16466-12648860308857_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

As far as pictures... thats impossible cause there is NONE LEFT... ( no surprise there..) just search bacon bomb or bacon explosion on the web and you will get pics and recipies all you want... very easy to make... and easy to cook... mine came out AWESOME!! 45 minutes at 400 all wrapped up in several layers of foil... then I removed it, took it totally out of the foil, put it and all the juices back in the oven dish, and back into the oven for 15 more minutes at 400. That browned it perfectly... I turned the oven off, but I left it in the oven, opened the door up a crack to air out, and let it rest for about 10 minutes or so before cutting it...

Funny story about Dave's insanity sauce...

i have dogs that LOVE to beg no matter what it is you have... and they will catch things right out of the air if you toss something... SO I had some kielbasa... and of course, beggars at my feet... so I got out the dave's... put a big dollop on a slice of kielbasa... uttered the words that make the dogs salivate... " Who wants it??? " and tossed the hot-bomb into the air... Shadow the lab grabbed it first... I have never seen a dog spit something out SO FAST in my life.... that was until it hit the floor for about .000000001 seconds... and Romey grabbed it... *HE* spit it out the fastest I have ever seen a dog spit anything out...

Rooster the beagle sniffed it but didnt touch it... I guess he has some smarts after all...

Had two dogs wandering around licking their chops for a while... I KNEW they were not happy... but then again... they shouldn't always beg quite so much... :lol:

:smoke:

I grill mine cuz i like the smoked flavor it adds... The one at your place was however the first and only one I've had catch fire like that...

my bad...

Either way, glad you enjoyed it enough to duplicate it, and I'm definitly glad to hear you remembered the pepperjack!

gonna try the bbq pit boys "bacon bomb" recipe on you tube (effectively a pork meatloaf), got my ground pork and bacon from the butcher. the craving is irresistable...BACON BACON BACON!!! Im thinkin about putting porkroll inside for the trifecta.

Edited by funshootin1
IMG_37621.jpganother story about daves...tanked at a summer bbq, handled the bottle, must of had some on it, took a piss and about 1/2 hour later my dick was ON FIRE ( I know your supposed to wash your hands) took an hour in the cold shower to make it go away. that stuff is like mace and will kill your buzz for certain. also use a needle to inject a few wings (5 out of 50 yeilds good results) at parties, make sure they are mixed in with the regular ones.IMG_37651.jpgIMG_37671.jpg Edited by funshootin1