bolt lock mechanism

Good morning,

noob.... shot my Saiga 12 10 rds and the bolt jammd to the rear and the the bolt lock mechanism went into the weapon...i couldn't do anything with it!. took me awhile to get all the parts out for the first time it really kicked my butt. my question is i'm looking at the bolt lock mech does the sit underneath the rail or slightly outside of it? and what would cause te weapon to jam like that, pretty frustrating after only one day out . i will post some pics, thank you all for any help or advice i can get post-13659-12650375588628_thumb.jpgpost-13659-12650375698591_thumb.jpg

Good morning,

noob.... shot my Saiga 12 10 rds and the bolt jammd to the rear and the the bolt lock mechanism went into the weapon...i couldn't do anything with it!. took me awhile to get all the parts out for the first time it really kicked my butt. my question is i'm looking at the bolt lock mech does the sit underneath the rail or slightly outside of it? and what would cause te weapon to jam like that, pretty frustrating after only one day out . i will post some pics, thank you all for any help or advice i can get post-13659-12650375588628_thumb.jpgpost-13659-12650375698591_thumb.jpg

Mine did the same thing a couple of times attributed to the BHO having some slop in the trigger axis pin between the trigger and BHO. It wobbles and it is allowed to be pushed up in the receiver. My BHO spring is not slipping off btw. I've been advised to try and shim it with a washer. Haven't tried that yet. I will try it but if it continues, it'll be one less feature on the weapon to make it more reliable.

Good morning,

Mine did the same thing a couple of times attributed to the BHO having some slop in the trigger axis pin between the trigger and BHO. It wobbles and it is allowed to be pushed up in the receiver. My BHO spring is not slipping off btw. I've been advised to try and shim it with a washer. Haven't tried that yet. I will try it but if it continues, it'll be one less feature on the weapon to make it more reliable.

Thank you for the quick response.....i'm trying to visualize the washer method, is there a tutuorial in the site?... looking into the trigger housing it looks like it'llhappen again. i was thinking of bending it slightly would that damage it? i apologize fo all the questions just trying to learn and gain some experience from you all !! Thank You.

The spring slipped off. You need to put it back on.

After that, bend the end of the spring so that it hooks over the BHO lever.

Your not going to fit a washer in there, not enough room. I used a small hitch pin and snapped it over the trigger pin to keep the BHO lever from wobbling. Haven't had any problems since.

Good morning,

Consider getting rid of it. I've seen numerous reports around here of problems with the BHO. I need my gun to be AK-reliable. I'm trusting my life and the lives of my family to its flawless operation.

You can always notch the safety lever to hold the bolt.

Jim

• 1 year later...

Beat on it a little. BHO is probably wedged under one of the rails.

It happened on my PSL. A pierced primer blew the FP out the back of the bolt, and it wedged between the bolt carrier and the left-side rail. I beat the FP straight and polished the FP and inside of the bolt up, works like a charm now.

Make sure the gun is clear, beat on the charging handle until the bolt comes forward, then tear the gun apart. The LRBHO in my PSL is this fragile-looking thing, so I'm thinking about adding a latch to the safety lever.